Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police strip search 15-year old in school

From that article are some astounding numbers.

Figures obtained by the BBC have revealed police carried out more than 13,000 strip-searches of young people aged under 18 over the past five years.

And that's from research generated by only three-quarters of the police forces taking part. So probably over 3,000 strip searches of under 18s every year. Nearly 10 a day, every day. How many of them probably over a bit of weed that doesn't exist?

And now ...

"An official report accuses police of the widespread abuse of their power to strip-search children, with black children 11 times more likely than their white peers to be selected by officers for the ordeal ..."

Black children 11 times more likely to be strip-searched in England and Wales than white peers

We were discussing this disproportionality on the Filth by name thread. It's absolutely staggering how black children - and as young as 8 - are being subjected to this, especially as 76%result in no prosecution. This is a national scandal.

child-q-protest-620.jpg

(Source: Julia Gregory, Local Democracy Reporter, Hackney Citizen)

Child Q: Special scrutiny meeting looking at what has changed since scandal broke to take place at Hackney Town Hall from 7pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023 – with residents invited

The Independent Office for Police Conduct is now appealing for witnesses to the stop, search and assault of an asthmatic 14-year-old schoolboy, De-Shaun Joseph, who was bundled to the ground and handcuffed by Metropolitan Police officers near Blackhorse Lane tram stop in Croydon, on 23 June 2022 while he was coming home from school.

Anyone who witnessed all or part of the incident can contact the Independent Office for Police Conduct by emailing BlackhorseRoad@policeconduct.gov.uk or calling 0300 303 5736.

59518255-11080341-image-a-1_1659610857850.jpg

59515357-10952461-De_Shaun_Joseph_14_was_forced_to_the_ground_by_police_without_he-m-13_1656176049240.jpg

59516191-10952461-Police_held_De_Shaun_who_is_asthmatic_face_down_with_his_hands_b-a-6_1656182267961.jpg

"I thought I was going to die"

Two Metropolitan Police officers - a constable and an acting sergeant who have not been named - will face a gross misconduct hearing over the stop and search of a school child on on 23 June 2022:

59518255-11080341-image-a-1_1659610857850.jpg

Two Metropolitan Police officers accused of using 'excessive force' on boy, 14, to face gross misconduct hearing

The rules allow this. I am currently recoverering from the cartridge in my rib cage being cracked whilst in police custody. Intentionally. Whilst in a prone position. They bent my arms and wrists whilst doing this. Whilst I was unable to breathe.
And the first hurdle you have to cross is every fucking person who says what did you do to deserve this?
Well since I left the station with no charges I am not actually sure. But it was definitely my fault.
I didn’t even have any plant matter on me which is my only vice against their rules that I allow myself.
And I will die by my iteration the only good cop is dead one. Change my mind. Vile disgusting psychopaths.

The rules allow this. I am currently recoverering from the cartridge in my rib cage being cracked whilst in police custody. Intentionally. Whilst in a prone position. They bent my arms and wrists whilst doing this. Whilst I was unable to breathe.
And the first hurdle you have to cross is every fucking person who says what did you do to deserve this?
Well since I left the station with no charges I am not actually sure. But it was definitely my fault.
I didn’t even have any plant matter on me which is my only vice against their rules that I allow myself.
And I will die by my iteration the only good cop is dead one. Change my mind. Vile disgusting psychopaths.
I'm so sorry and angry that happened to you. No one deserves that sort of appalling treatment, no matter what they've done, and I hate the way some people will automatically take the side of the person in authority, however outrageous their behaviour is. I hope your injury heals very soon and that you can get the bastards responsible fired.

No danger of that I don’t think.
This was the second incident in 3 months.
The first being getting taken down, 3 officers on top of me, not resisting. Spit hood deployed and pepper sprayed directly onto my eye balls from about 3 cm whilst they held my eyes open.
Every cop apologist needs this at least once in their life.

This is the boy who @LeytonCatLady and GarveyLives posted about last year. He is asthmatic. As LCL said:

DeShaun didn't even look anything like the lad they wanted, who was in a blue hoodie, whereas DeShaun was in a grey school uniform. Blatant racial profiling.

His mum seriously thought he was going to end up like George Floyd. I'm relieved DeShaun was released and is back safely with his family, but outraged that three uniformed bullies thought they had the right to assault a young lad for "offending" them. Bunch of fucking cunts.

DeShaun will need a lot of love, kindness and support after this. He's at a sensitive age, still going through the compulsory education system that teaches mealy mouthed bullshit like "if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear". He's learned that's a lie and it's doubly unfair. Because not only can authority treat you like that when you've done nothing wrong, but there's fuck all you can do to stop it happening again.

Link to ITV article 24/06/22

I've only just seen this post. I'm beyond words. So now sexually abuse 15 year old girls is added to the police's list of what's acceptable.

A 13 year-old boy was surrounded by armed police after an officer mistook his water pistol for a real gun.

The child was "rammed" off his bike by a police van and handcuffed as he was confronted by marksmen in Hackney, east London, in July, the Alliance for Police Accountability said:

Child X: Mum’s shock after armed cops arrest 13 year old over colourful toy water gun
No. Sorry. I can't grasp how they can justify this either.

Don't they realise all they're doing is increasing the hatred of the police?

A 13 year-old boy was surrounded by armed police after an officer mistook his water pistol for a real gun.

The child was "rammed" off his bike by a police van and handcuffed as he was confronted by marksmen in Hackney, east London, in July, the Alliance for Police Accountability said:

Child X: Mum’s shock after armed cops arrest 13 year old over colourful toy water gun

The Metropolitan Police referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, but the Independent Office for Police Conduct told the Metropolitan Police to investigate the Metropolitan Police. The Metropolitan Police cleared the Metropolitan Police of any wrongdoing. A public complaint was made to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, alleging racism. The Independent Office for Police Conduct again directed the Metropolitan Police to investigate the Metropolitan Police ... but the Independent Office for Police Conduct, having "reconsidered" its decision, has now taken the complaint back to investigate ... independently:

Mother of water pistol boy, 13, confronted by armed police says she feels 'betrayed'

Independent Office for Police Conduct to investigate Metropolitan Police Hackney racism complaint

76759551-12649945-image-a-70_1697728190012.jpg

This is the type of water pistol that Child X was playing with as he was rammed off his bicycle by the Metropolitan Police and threatened by police officers with real guns.

76759555-12649945-image-a-71_1697728314389.jpg

Courtney Brown, CEO of Father 2 Father, Raju Bhatt of Bhatt Murphy Solicitors, Arlene Small, barrister and member of the board of The IDPAD Centre, Lee Jasper, chairman of the Alliance for Police Accountability and Dr Wanda Wyporska, CEO of the Black Equity Organisation.

17324467.jpg

(Source: Julia Gregory)

Sorry Hackney borough Commander Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway says he's sorry.

375px-IOPC_logo.svg.png

"In the light of the mother’s statement yesterday, and the concerns that have been expressed by the local community in Hackney and more widely, we’ve reconsidered our decision and will now investigate this independently."

I am not in any way defending the actions of the police with regard to the child with the water pistol, but I would point out that with 3D printed guns being a real thing, the appearance of a gun is not a reliable indicator of it being a toy.

What is wrong with these police officers? Do they think the rules don't apply to them?
I don't think it's that, in the main. I think people, myself sometimes included, generally see rules as guidance, to be ignored when one's own personal judgement deems appropriate, rather than as tools, the purpose of which is to remove personal judgement from behaviour.

I'm not sure it's possible to get round that. Only, perhaps, to influence or change how people feel about the reason for the rule and the results of not following it.

In other words, people seem to think that rules don't apply to particular situations, rather than to themselves, imo/e.

I am not in any way defending the actions of the police with regard to the child with the water pistol, but I would point out that with 3D printed guns being a real thing, the appearance of a gun is not a reliable indicator of it being a toy.
What about if it doesn't have a hole large enough to emit bullets?

You've got to be able to do the mental arithmetic on risk of ramming a child off a bicycle vs chance that this coloured plastic toy is somehow a lethal weapon.

Back
Top Bottom