Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police officer shot dead in Croydon police custody centre, 25th Sept 2020

Neither. They knew what they signed up for. Gets a shrug from me.
Sounds like a moderate position to me, rather than a proper ACAB one.
It demonstrates a lack of empathy but seems to lack any political conviction.
Probably actually worse than being a genuine ACAB nut.

Sounds like a moderate position to me, rather than a proper ACAB one.
It demonstrates a lack of empathy but seems to lack any political conviction.
Probably actually worse than being a genuine ACAB nut.

Cops are tools. You don't shed tears when tools get broken, do you? Empathy for tools is a waste of emotional labour.

If they don't like being tools, then they can always quit and get a real job like the rest of us.

As for political conviction, I think it follows naturally from my long-held position that the state is an organ of class rule. I feel no obligation whatsoever to shed any tears for the instruments whose main function is to protect the assets of my class enemy.

Seems the shooter’s mother was a Green Party candidate, so killing a cop is an understandable reaction.

I feel no obligation whatsoever to shed any tears for the instruments whose main function is to protect the assets of my class enemy.
And yet you also can't be bothered to celebrate an attack on those who protect what you claim to be your enemy.
Seems very half hearted to me.
This is why things will never really change - no-one's actually that bothered, even the mouthy ones.

And yet you also can't be bothered to celebrate an attack on those who protect what you claim to be your enemy.
This is why things will never really change - no-one's actually that bothered, even the mouthy ones.
yeh but he only shot one copper

What is there to celebrate? Nothing about these events challenges the rule of capital. I'm sorry that your misunderstanding of other peoples' politics leads you to say such ridiculous things.

The reason the boards are so quiet today is half the members are outside Croydon nick singing “De Zoysa, he’s our friend, he’s our friend, De Zoysa he’s our friend, he killed a copper!”

Last edited:
What is there to celebrate? Nothing about these events challenges the rule of capital. I'm sorry that your misunderstanding of other peoples' politics leads you to say such ridiculous things.
If no positives whotsoever have come from this event, then your lack of empathy for the killed policeman's family and friends is even more stark. They've lost a loved one and all you can do is shrug and mumble something about the capitalist class, even though apparently, whether this cop is alive or not has no effect on their interests and the extent to which they are protected.

If no positives whotsoever have come from this event, then your lack of empathy for the killed policeman's family and friends is even more stark. They've lost a loved one and all you can do is shrug and mumble something about the capitalist class, even though apparently, whether this cop is alive or not has no effect on their interests and the extent to which they are protected.
People die every day. Do you reckon the dead cop read the obituaries every night, clutching a box of Kleenex?

One positive that'll come from it is it won't happen again, or at least measures will be put in place to try to ensure it never happens again.

Just did it again. Try it. It's really not hard. It certainly doesn't require any contortions. Drawing the weapon and shooting it is no big mystery. The mystery is how he got that far without anyone finding the gun.
I'm a bit confused by the shooting himself part as well. I imagine it is pretty easy to shoot yourself in the leg or anywhere below the waistline. But the neck? Or anywhere else you would expect to be lethal? Seems more of a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom