Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police officer shot dead in Croydon police custody centre, 25th Sept 2020

Bollocks. No copper signs up to get murdered.
No Alaskan crab fishermen sign up to get hit with a crab pot and knocked overboard to an icy death, but it happens all too often. I'm not saying I like it or celebrate it but it is a hazard of the job, a hazard they're well aware of when they sign up for it. But I don't think I've ever seen people hailing crab fishermen as heroes.
Some jobs are inherently dangerous. Sometimes people die doing dangerous jobs. It is shit but shit happens.

It's not an uncommon way to carry a firearm (not just something you see on the telly). There's no particular reason that the trigger would get pulled in the normal course of drawing the gun out.
Indeed. If the trigger did catch anything it would be pulling the wrong way, and unless the hammer is cocked, it takes a fair bit of pressure to pull the trigger.

I thought it was standard police procedure to search detainees? The dude got off at least five shots, so that rules out a small derringer-like weapon. A snub-nosed revolver? A small weapon like that might be missed on a purely visual inspection, depending on where it's hidden and the type of clothing worn.

I thought it was standard police procedure to search detainees? The dude got off at least five shots, so that rules out a small derringer-like weapon. A snub-nosed revolver? A small weapon like that might be missed on a purely visual inspection, depending on where it's hidden and the type of clothing worn.
ime you're searched on arrest and it's astonishing that this was missed in any pat-down search where they always - in my experience - check around the belt line

Back
Top Bottom