Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police officer shot dead in Croydon police custody centre, 25th Sept 2020

Little pistols are not known for their accuracy.

Near enough point blank the bullet will go where you point it no problem however little and shit the weapon was, and he wouldn't have used the sights anyway. I'd also take 'shot in the heart' with a bucket of journalistic salt. Chest/torso more likely, maybe with one hitting the heart or thereabouts.

Last edited:
So, is there a consensus now that this was some dodgy plod taking out one of their own, and framing some random with a bit of puff?

I mean I guess nothing is impossible but it seems a messy way to go about it.

I can't see the CCTV that is being studied disappearing. Not in this case. Well I suppose it could be wiped accidentally but unlikely in such a high profile murder.

Its insane enough to be true, reality doesn't need to make much sense, its fiction that has to be rational.

Its just baffling they didn't find the gun before they put him in cuffs, presumably some coppers feeling very guilty right now.

Its baffling on a number of points.
  1. How did the shooter have a pistol on him in the custody centre?
  2. How was the shooter able to retrieve and deploy his pistol whilst in rigid cuffs, fastened behind his back whilst being supervised by two arresting officers?
  3. How was the shooter able to discharge so many accurate shots without being tackled?
I dont suggest any great conspiracy. But it remains baffling.

It seems to me less likely than Smiley Culture stabbing himself in the heart whilst cuffed just up the road from this incident in Warlingham.
this was the other similarly implausible incident that immediately sprung to mind.

now if met handcuffs are like this
KelMet-Gelenkg.jpg

rather than the cuffs being linked by a small chain, does that affect ones ability to do whats been suggested happened?

Last edited:

Its baffling on a number of points.
  1. How did the shooter have a pistol on him in the custody centre?
  2. How was the shooter able to retrieve and deploy his pistol whilst in rigid cuffs, fastened behind his back whilst being supervised by two arresting officers?
  3. How was the shooter able to discharge so many accurate shots without being tackled?
I dont suggest any great conspiracy. But it remains baffling.
I read that the man with the gun was in a cell and shot the policeman when he opened the cell door. So it's possible nobody else was near. I didn't realise people in cells would still be handcuffed, but I am purely basing that on Channel 4 programmes :hmm: . Maybe if the cell was part of the custody suite he'd still be cuffed till booked in though.

Back
Top Bottom