Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

<derail>
I'm pretty sure Elbows has posted a lot about this in the covid forum, but yes the viable definition is called "excess mortality" and is used in insurance as well as medical reporting e.g.

</derail>

As you say though there's not been a huge comparison to other countries - as it's often difficult to correlate differences across geographical populations even within the same country. MD in Private Eye has done a series of excellent articles on the difference, as well as excoriating the government's handling of it (esp. cronyism in track and trace and PPE contracts).

Also as you say, it seems many people don't really care about it though.
Will need to add hypothermia as a result of fuel price rises / as well as deaths due to heat stroke in the next few weeks/ to the mix as well..

hmm

won't argue about the 'dull'

not an outright liar on the same scale as johnson, but hmm

and wasn't he shagging edwina currie at the time of his 'back to basics' moralising?
Lest we forget he's also the cunt who stated "New age travellers? Not in this age, not in any age!" and promptly introduced some of the most repressive domestic legislation of the final years of the 20th century.
I wonder if this all means that the Rwanda nonsense might be quietly shelved
More likely that a bunch of people got flown out there whilst we were all looking at the unfolding chaos...

Naah. It's completely the wrong people, bar Sunak and Gove.

Moggy?? Dont be daft. Why is Javid on the backbench? He should be the Patel character.

And it looks like Iain Duncan Smith leering behind Govey. wtf?

Who and who?

"Boris Julius Caesar and others"

Naah. It's completely the wrong people, bar Sunak and Gove.

Moggy?? Dont be daft. Why is Javid on the backbench? He should be the Patel character.

And it looks like Iain Duncan Smith leering behind Govey. wtf?
The problem with that picture isn't just that it's poorly executed with some of the wrong people. The problem is the idea it conveys: that Johnson has been betrayed, like Ceasar.

It's an idea that comes straight from Johnson's brain, via his supporters and through the pages of the Express and the Mail. It's creating a betrayal myth that he hopes to make political use of later on.

He wasn't betrayed; he was dropped because most Tories didn't like him in the first place and only put up with him as he was an election winning machine. As soon as he looked like a loser he was always going to be dropped like a hot potato.

Anyone posting it is naively promoting a Johnson line. It might prompt a quick chuckle, but the alt-right (which Johnson is well aware of) have made plenty of progress by promoting their ideas through lol memes and sharing them is just doing his work for him.

Think I've found my tweet of the day.

Weird tweet calling for Boris to be Reinstated

twitter link

🤣

Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom