Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

Is he with that the woman who turned everyone off Countdown cos she's such a cunt?

Yes. She actually makes him look a totally lovely person.

She's awful. He's been digging through his black book, which is probably quite extensive. Klitschko was good. And he can be a good interviewer when he's not shouting about woke cancelling yada yada.

He's crowing again

But, the record low of 24k on Wed to 73.8k on Thur. is still piss poor TBH.

I can see two patterns here -
1- People are watching depending on his guests, and not for him.
2 - Morgan will ever tweet low viewing figures, he'll only bang on about percentage comparisons.

ETA - Farage hit 99.3k in the 7pm slot, even less people are watching compared to 8pm when Morgan is on.

Last edited:
10K viewers on Wednesday according to this.

He averaged 24,000 viewers on Wed., and ended with just 10,000 in the last 15 minutes.

Basically BARB measures the audience in 15 minute segments, which isn't very accurate, so they then provides an average for the whole show, this tends to be the common figure for reporting and comparisons purposes.

I had never seen the lowest figures feature before, it seemed to have started when various media outlets were taking the piss out of GB News last year, and that's now being repeated for TalkTV.

It was just a terrible idea from the very beginning. God how can one person be so angry about everything for that long. And why would anyone want to soak up that fury by watching it? He was actually fairly balanced on GMB but it would appear that his brief on this is just pure, unbridled negativity and fury.
Adopting the Tucker Carlson model for presenting. But minus the constant white supremacist shit.

Watching that gobshite's career flame out in real time will never not be funny.:p

The added fun is watching Murdoch's dream of turning the UK's public discourse into a toxic dumpster fire (like what he did in the USA) turn to ashes whilst he's within shouting distance of getting his ticket punched is also immensely satisfying .

Last edited:
Watching that gobshite's career flame out in real time will never not be funny.:p

The added fun is watching Murdoch's dream of turning the UK's public discourse into a toxic dumpster fire (like what he did in the USA) turn to ashes whilst he's within shouting distance of getting his ticket punched is also immensely satisfying .
It's still a toxic dumpster fire tbf, just with different toxicities

True. Give it time I suppose and we'll have a disputed GE that results in tens of thousands of pissed off hard-rightists storming parliament demanding the execution of mp's and a recount in the west Worcestershire constituency...

The one factor this network, GB News and their cheerleaders seem to miss (or be reluctant to discuss), is that even if they might occasionally match or surpass viewing figures for Sky News or BBC News 24, the latter networks are still peripheral and at best exert very little influence on televised news bulletins.

If there is such a thing as properly influencing, opinion forming TV news programmes in the UK, they are the flagship ones on the traditional terrestrial channels: BBC1 at 9 pm, Newsnight on BBC2, News at 10 on ITV, Channel 4 News and so on.

Will GB News and Talk TV ever get anywhere near the audience figures, recognition, influence and gravitas among the greater population enjoyed by the main channel news flagships? Will they fuck :D

Last edited:
Another week, and a bad start for Morgan averaging just 36,500 viewers last night (Mon. 24/5), under half that of Steyn's 78,200 in the same time slot on GB News.

2n.png

TalkTV is seriously underperforming, this is the market share in the 'prime' evening time, last night.

2nn.png

Piers was even beaten by the GB News’ Headliners, a show in which comedians read the papers and break no news. They got 49,600. Remember, as Piers will tell you whenever his overnight ratings tank, conventional TV ratings “don’t matter”… unless he wins. No such luck last night. LINK

:D

Don’t forget the context of it being a publicity stunt designed to get people talking about something.

Yet their viewing figures are at best weak and inconsistent. Publicity is not going to make up for that. They need to be producing content that significant numbers of people actually want to watch. They're not doing that yet.

Quick update for Magnus McGinty. :thumbs:

This is how well Morgan & TalkTV did last night.

2g.png

Another rough start to the week for TalkTV. The latest BARB figures show GB News thrashed them in every prime time slot last night, with Farage miles ahead at 99,000 viewers. Piers Morgan Unwatched came in fifth with 42,500. Maybe his upcoming six-week break in the summer will be a chance to recharge the batteries…

Piers was beaten last night by Bev Turner (standing in for Dewbs), Mark Steyn, Dan Wootton, and of course, Nigel. The last 15 minutes of Piers Morgan Unwatched recorded a zero percentage audience share. Turner, as a stand-in presenter, even scored higher than her colleagues broadcasting in the later, usually more popular slots. She got 53,500, while Steyn got 47,900 and Wootton got 44,100.

Meanwhile over in the baby-Shard, Tom Newton Dunn’s Lazarus-like resurgence back into five figure viewership is, sadly, over. Last night only 4,600 people tuned in. At least he did better than Sharon Osborne, who was watched by just 2,200 viewers. Still early days…

UPDATE: An earlier version of this article referenced Michelle Dewberry as the presenter in second place. Bev Turner actually stood in for Dewberry last night. She tweeted “I’m sure Piers Morgan is delighted for me. I couldn’t know because I’m blocked.” Mea culpa… LINK

Christ, another radio ad this morning with him ranting that he is a ‘no cancel zone’

Don’t watch him ever, but the last time he came to prominence was him cancelling himself having been pwnd by a weatherman.

So does no cancel zone mean no weather reports on his new show? Might explain the lack of viewers, folk like to know about the weather.

The frustrating thing about this fucker is that is politics are all over the place and I actually agree with him on various things. Gun control, boris johnson, abortion rights, top gun etc.

unfortunately hes a transphobic cunt. i did read somewhere they're looking at getting a co-host for him which i think is a good idea. ive not even watched his show but i can imagine it's a bit much with just him.

Back
Top Bottom