Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

The Mandela family 'surprised' she compares the day she married into the Windsors to the day Mandela was released from prison in that interview

'Overcoming 60 years of apartheid is not the same as marrying a white prince'

Last edited:
I can see where they got their inspiration actually :facepalm:

9780008424107-uk.jpg

9780349106533-uk.jpg

The Mandela family 'surprised' she compares the day she married into the Windsors to the day Mandela was released from prison in that interview

Except Megan didn't directly compare her marriage to the day Mandela was released, she was quoting someone else, you even provided a link to the interview.

She recalls a moment from the 2019 London premiere of the live-action version of The Lion King. “I just had Archie. It was such a cruel chapter. I was scared to go out.” A cast member from South Africa pulled her aside. “He looked at me, and he’s just like light. He said, ‘I just need you to know: When you married into this family, we rejoiced in the streets the same we did when Mandela was freed from prison.’ ” Of course, she knows she’s no Mandela, but perhaps even telling me this story is a mode of defense, because if you are a symbol for all that is good and charitable, how can anybody find you objectionable, how can anybody hate you?

Probably a bit clumsy to quote, but certainly not anything like as bad as if she had made the comparison herself.

I can't actually imagine anything worse than Piers Morgan's extended director's cut of the royal fucking death. I caught a bit of the queue on the news this morning... it was quite funny. But immensely depressing (and not coz the old bird finally fucked off).

If he can't even attract those hundreds of thousands of weirdos then he's no chance.

TalkTV and Morgan is still doing badly, Murdock must be furious considering what he's paying him, and the crazy amount spent on advertising the launch, which was all based around Morgan.

Christ, even Mogg can beat him in the ratings game!

Jacob Rees-Mogg got off to an impressive start on GB News last night – at least by Piers Morgan’s standards.

The Tory MP made his TV debut on the news channel at 8pm, going toe-to-toe with Morgan over at TalkTV.

According to BARB figures, Rees-Mogg took in an average of 79,200 viewers for the hour. Piers, meanwhile, took in a mere 35,300, meaning the MP for North East Somerset more than doubled Morgan’s average throughout the show.

Reactions: Ax^
TalkTV and Morgan is still doing badly, Murdock must be furious considering what he's paying him, and the crazy amount spent on advertising the launch, which was all based around Morgan.

Christ, even Mogg can beat him in the ratings game!

Mogg v Morgan - suffering Christmas, it's Wank and Wanker

I was under the impression he'd essentially become Lachlan's consiglieri long since (apart from over the voting machines mess). The son seems to be far less clever, so with a bit of luck he'll fuck up proper in the absence of daddy's guiding hand.

TalkTV is losing a fortune, and he's their biggest expense, he's been pushed out. :D
Whenever Rupert Murdoch pegs it, I wouldn’t be surprised if his son dumps TalkTV shortly after. Poor old Rupert has always resented not being able to exert more political brainwashing of the masses in the UK via a Fox-like unregulated news channel, and only decided to launch TalkTV after seeing GBeebies being allowed to set up shop.

Sadly for him and the cunt who launched GB News, their rabid propaganda outlets will never achieve any meaningful degree of voter influence in the UK, and I can’t see Rupert’s heir finding any reason to continue funding an irrelevance as pointless as TalkTV is.

GB News is having the PM host a show on Monday. Think it's pretty clear that the channel's job now is to influence the Conservatives, their elected reps, activists, members, and supporters

GB News is having the PM host a show on Monday. Think it's pretty clear that the channel's job now is to influence the Conservatives, their elected reps, activists, members, and supporters
That’s the intention for sure, but it will never amount to more than an infinitesimally small degree in the grander scheme of influencing general elections. Not in this country.

Even within the context of influencing a Tory leadership contest, the influence of GB News or Talk TV would have zero effect against the proper Tory influencing media outlets, such as the Mail newspapers and even the likes of the Sun. I have no doubt the fuckwit bankrolling GB News decided to pour millions after millions of quid into a hopelessly money losing venture not in the hope to perhaps one day have a minor influence on Tory leadership candidates, but to become a nationwide opinion-forming monster of similar calibre to Fox.

Hell, even though the lunatics have long taken over the asylum at Tory Towers, there are undoubtedly plenty of traditional conservative voters who despair at the ultra right wing faction of the party that is currently in charge and championed by the likes of GB News, and would never be influenced to vote for a nutjob leadership candidate no matter how hard the likes of GB News plug them.

"The journalist and media personality Piers Morgan had a weaker showing in the United States. Despite his followers on Twitter (8 million) and Instagram (1.8 million), Wake Up: Why the World Has Gone Nuts has sold just 5,650 U.S. print copies since it was published a year ago, according to BookScan."

from this interesting article on book sales: No one buys books

Back
Top Bottom