Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

Following Kate McCann fainting during the leadership debate, they put up a message about the break in transmission, this was watched by twice as many people that normally watch Morgan’s show. :D

One of them was me haha. As soon as I started getting alerts of an 'incident' on my phone, I switched it straight on hoping someone had thrown custard pies in their face.

Sadly all I got was the on screen message followed by Ian Collins :(

BARB has finally woken-up and published the June viewing figures, TalkTV is not only at the bottom again. but have dropped 360k on monthly reach, almost 20% of their viewers lost, not a good look. :D

1v.png

Does that include people viewing online? Coz thats what he keeps banging on about every day on Twitter, that he's actually out-rating Sky if you take into account streaming services.

Does that include people viewing online? Coz thats what he keeps banging on about every day on Twitter, that he's actually out-rating Sky if you take into account streaming services.

Yes, they include streaming services, but these are the overall monthly figures, the fact that Morgan occasionally beats Sky TV will make very little different to the overall failure of the project.

Same with some of GB News' evening shows.

If the BBC had a dedicated YouTube live feed of BBC News I'd probably watch it as much as Sky News. It's purely down to the fact that Sky is so easy to watch in a nice HD feed via YouTube that I have it on more, because I'm generally dipping in and out of things on youtube anyway. That said I prefer Sky's style of channel for background wathing. It seems to be less sitting behind desks and introducing reports and more live coverage of things on the ground. I save the BBC until 6pm and then watch ITN at 6:30 or 10pm

I imagine that the failure of this venture is directly connected to the tragic breakdown of the fairytale marriage of Murdick and Hall, a Diana-esque tale of our times :(

tbf, wasn't Moron pwned t'fuck by a weatherman recently?

Tbf to Morgan the point he and the weather guy were arguing over and which led to him storming off into the distance was a valid one from Morgan's POV.

It was over Meghan Markle bleating that she'd endured endless racist abuse since arriving in the UK which is why she upped sticks with the Duke, claims which there is barely any evidence of (one stupid headline in the tabloid about her roots in Compton being the only thing anyone's ever been able to find). It was a stupid hill to die on for Morgan though. Markle must have loved it.

Tbf to Morgan the point he and the weather guy were arguing over and which led to him storming off into the distance was a valid one from Morgan's POV.

It was over Meghan Markle bleating that she'd endured endless racist abuse since arriving in the UK which is why she upped sticks with the Duke, claims which there is barely any evidence of (one stupid headline in the tabloid about her roots in Compton being the only thing anyone's ever been able to find). It was a stupid hill to die on for Morgan though. Markle must have loved it.
How was it valid? He was whining that he was personally affronted by her because, for some reason, he thinks she owes him something. His behaviour was creepy AF. Why are you defending it?

Certianly no fan of the monarchy but the notion Meghan has experienced racism institutionally is hardly controversial nor unbelievable.

In response to Alex's mild rebuke, which couldn't have been more milqiuetoast, he stormed off and cancelled himself

How was it valid? He was whining that he was personally affronted by her because, for some reason, he thinks she owes him something. His behaviour was creepy AF. Why are you defending it?

Certianly no fan of the monarchy but the notion Meghan has experienced racism institutionally is hardly controversial nor unbelievable.

In response to Alex's mild rebuke, which couldn't have been more milqiuetoast, he stormed off and cancelled himself

Yes I know Markle and Morgan have previous because she ghosted him years ago but in this case I do actually agree with him. I work in media - she basically condemned the entire industry in the UK for racism when quite the opposite was true from what I can tell. People were falling over themselves to welcome a bit of diversity into the parasitic weirdness that is our monarchy. It was a fairly bizarre reason to up sticks and nobody seems to have been able to provide any evidence of it except for the straight outta compton headline in the Express. It certainly wasn't the concerted campaign she alleges it was.

Yes I know Markle and Morgan have previous because she ghosted him years ago but in this case I do actually agree with him. I work in media - she basically condemned the entire industry in the UK for racism when quite the opposite was true from what I can tell. People were falling over themselves to welcome a bit of diversity into the parasitic weirdness that is our monarchy. It was a fairly bizarre reason to up sticks and nobody seems to have been able to provide any evidence of it except for the straight outta compton headline in the Express. It certainly wasn't the concerted campaign she alleges it was.
What is it about her that would compel the kind of response she gets if not the obvious?

Kate wears X, everybody goes gaga. Meghan wears X, everybody slams her.

Why would Morgan take this so personally? Did he genuinely think she fancied him or something and that's why he bheaved like a spoilt child? I've no sympathy for him and I don't think he has an argument. as it was quite clear he was letting his personal feelings guide the discourse.

What is it about her that would compel the kind of response she gets if not the obvious?

Kate wears X, everybody goes gaga. Meghan wears X, everybody slams her.

Why would Morgan take this so personally? Did he genuinely think she fancied him or something and that's why he bheaved like a spoilt child? I've no sympathy for him and I don't think he has an argument. as it was quite clear he was letting his personal feelings guide the discourse.

He took it personally as he's a massive twat who is not used to being ghosted. His point was valid though. She's a callous bullying liar, and pulled the race card as soon as this was pointed out. It wasn't just Morgan, half her staff quit at how much of a dick she was towards them, which the Palace gallantly even tried to cover up to keep the ship steady. She outplayed Morgan though so fair play there.

He took it personally as he's a massive twat who is not used to being ghosted. His point was valid though. She's a callous bullying liar, and pulled the race card as soon as this was pointed out. It wasn't just Morgan, half her staff quit at how much of a dick she was towards them, which the Palace gallantly even tried to cover up to keep the ship steady. She outplayed Morgan though so fair play there.
Can you cite some evidence of this?

She may or may not be a nice person, but this is a specific and extreme allegation and I see no reason to grant it. I don't see his point as valid. I'm not even sure waht you mean by ghosted. Piers thinks the world revolves around him, hence him walking out when a colleague mildly rebuffed his self pity party. Her refusing to engage with him doesn't contribute to the claim you're making. It it really so hard to believe that she has experience racism as a result of her experience in the Monarchy?

Can you cite some evidence of this?

She may or may not be a nice person, but this is a specific and extreme allegation and I see no reason to grant it. I don't see his point as valid. I'm not even sure waht you mean by ghosted. Piers thinks the world revolves around him, hence him walking out when a colleague mildly rebuffed his self pity party. Her refusing to engage with him doesn't contribute to the claim you're making. It it really so hard to believe that she has experience racism as a result of her experience in the Monarchy?

As I understand it, when she moved to the UK she got hold of his details and they met up to discuss how she could handle the media etc. And then didnt return his calls once she'd hooked up with Harry. Which pissed him off. Which was quite funny. And this guy can be very very vindictive once the ego's bruised.

As for your second point, well unless you were hiding under a rock at the time I'm sure you heard about the avalanche of people quitting, from several of her PAs to her bodyguard. Morgan v Markle is a win/win. Not very nice people, either of them.

Speculation has been rife after news broke of Meghan Markle losing her fourth aide in less than a year last week, but the reasons behind the seeming mass-exodus might be far more simple than we thought.

Meghan’s assistant private secretary Amy Pickerill, had been in the role for less than a year when rumours began to circle about her impending resignation.

It’s the fourth resignation between Harry and Meghan in less than a year, with Meghan’s bodyguard quitting in January, just a month after she lost her private secretary Samantha Cohen, while Harry lost his ‘right hand man’ Edward Lane Fox, just before the couple’s May wedding.

Christ...

Her latest 'tell all' interview. Let's assume she signed off on the copy before publication. Matching thrones. Oh dear. :D

My first glimpse of Meghan in this new chapter is her crouched in the entryway, arms wrapped around her black Lab, Pula (Setswana for rain and good fortune and a tribute to an early date during the couple’s whirlwind romance in 2016). The front doors are thrown wide open, as are the doors leading out to the backyard. She stands and smiles with the perfect level of warmth, the gleam of her teeth rivaled only by the shininess of her blowout. Backlit by the late-morning light in a scene that looks like a Nancy Meyers cinematic interior, Town & Country, Goop, and Architectural Digest had an orgy and created the perfect moment in California living, she throws her arms wide open, too, and gives me a hug. “Come on through,” she says, beckoning me to join her on one of many terraces.

Sorry but im with Piers on this.

What did he say that you agree with?

Simply that she and her husband are shameless climbers. And calling them out on it is not racist, it's just comment. According to that article their house is worth 14.5m and they've got a deal with the same company who produced the Crown for $50m. And then they want us to pay for their security. Oh and they fly by private jet to climate change conferences. Just vile people, both of em. That's what Morgan was saying and yeh, I agree with him. We've got enough to pay for right now without funding the millions it costs to protect them.

They were left sans public funding to bankroll both their lives and the security that protected those lives, and the press had just leaked the location of the coastal home they were staying in. By March 2020, the pandemic was under way, and there was talk of the Canadian-U.S. border closing. They could see men on boats watching them from the water.

From the same article.

Simply that she and her husband are shameless climbers. And calling them out on it is not racist, it's just comment. According to that article their house is worth 14.5m and they've got a deal with the same company who produced the Crown for $50m. And then they want us to pay for their security. Oh and they fly by private jet to climate change conferences. Just vile people, both of em. That's what Morgan was saying and yeh, I agree with him. We've got enough to pay for right now without funding the millions it costs to protect them.

From the same article.
i doubt very much that's what he was saying. His criticism was based on his misogynist jealousy of the fact she had the temerity to snub him. I doubt he cares about the veracity of their climate credentials. Bizarre to see someone actyally supporting a cunt like Morgan

From the same article.

TBF it isn't that they want us to pay for their security; what they want is the same level of protection when visiting here that they got when they were living here. Also I am not sure that "shameless climbers" is fair, at least for him - he's been slowly going down the list, not up.

In terms of vileness, they aren't even in the same sport as Morgan never mind the same league. Piers is far, far worse and to be honest if raising all that money off Netflix is so Harry can work out his frustrations by pummeling the British Press then I say good luck to him.

I briefly flicked onto TTV this afternoon, to hear a viewer call in, advocating for the privatisation of the NHS. His view was that the current system rewarded failure, and compared his user-pays vision to a passenger choosing between Ryanair and BA.

TBF it isn't that they want us to pay for their security; what they want is the same level of protection when visiting here that they got when they were living here. Also I am not sure that "shameless climbers" is fair, at least for him - he's been slowly going down the list, not up.

In terms of vileness, they aren't even in the same sport as Morgan never mind the same league. Piers is far, far worse and to be honest if raising all that money off Netflix is so Harry can work out his frustrations by pummeling the British Press then I say good luck to him.

Well. I dunno. This is somewhat er, vile...

Anyway, sorry for the derail. Since he got sacked from GMB it's got immeasurabl more entertaining with Richard Madeley doing his Partridge impressions every morning anyway.

I agree, btw, that he's a total cunt, but also agree with him that Harry and Meghan are as well. That was my only point.

As members of the reactionary house of windsor, of course they are awful. But they aren't anywhere near as awful as that bloated liebag whose stock in trade is winding up cultures wars, shouting over people including co hosts, and reinforcing the capitalist status quo.

I don't care for any of these people, but there is a definite hierarchy of unpleasantness involved.

I briefly flicked onto TTV this afternoon, to hear a viewer call in, advocating for the privatisation of the NHS. His view was that the current system rewarded failure, and compared his user-pays vision to a passenger choosing between Ryanair and BA.
TBF this sort of thing is far more damaging to societal wellbeing than arguing over Meghan's moral worthiness. It's the insidious creep of arguments for a capitalist alternative to the NHS being used to grease the big stories about royal or footballery twattery.

Back
Top Bottom