Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

people talk about allsorts of nonsense here, who cares if cupid stunt wants to give daily updates of the BARB figures? Just go and post on another thread instead

It's not even daily, it's about twice a week, when google picks up on articles quoting the BARB figures.

But, if it goes a day without anyone else posting on it, I'll ensure I bump it from now on, just to piss off Magnus McGinty, who clearly hasn't found the 'ignore thread' button. :thumbs:

Plus, as ever, if you don't like the thread you are not obligated to read it.

On why Piers doubled his views - an interview with the former heavyweight boxing champion on his fight in Ukraine is a very big deal - the man has millions of fans. Only getting 82k to tune in for it is actually shockingly low.

Plus, as ever, if you don't like the thread you are not obligated to read it.

On why Piers doubled his views - an interview with the former heavyweight boxing champion on his fight in Ukraine is a very big deal - the man has millions of fans. Only getting 82k to tune in for it is actually shockingly low.

Oh, that would explain it, I don't follow boxing and had no idea the guy has millions of fans, it certainly seems to have created a blip.

Having only found figures for a couple days per week recently, I've just been alerted to a tweet from this TV critic and broadcaster, and just to cheer up Magnus McGinty, I can't resit sharing this, because it's funny as fuck. A new record low, down to an average of just 24k viewers yesterday, with only 10k watching towards the end.

I guess he will not be banging on about that, on twitter. :D

Week 1 - w/c 25/4
Mon - 317K
Tue - 216k
Wed - 123k
Thur - 118k

Week 2 - w/c 2/5
Mon - 61.7k (low because of the Bank Holiday)
Tue - 76.7k

Week 3 - w/c 9/5
Mon - 58.8k
Wed - 44k

Week 4 - w/c 16/5
Mon - 40.3k (beaten by Mark Steyn on GB News at the same time - 41.1k)
Tue - 82.6k
Wed - 24k

Oh, that would explain it, I don't follow boxing and had no idea the guy has millions of fans, it certainly seems to have created a blip.

Having only found figures for a couple days per week recently, I've just been alerted to a tweet from this TV critic and broadcaster, and just to cheer up Magnus McGinty, I can't resit sharing this, because it's funny as fuck. A new record low, down to an average of just 24k viewers yesterday, with only 10k watching towards the end.

I guess he will not be banging on about that, on twitter. :D

'all-time low' :D

Part of the schtick from morgan, and from his ilk is to be able to play the baddie among the bleeding heart liberals, the sayer of manly truths and so on. On his own its just shit talking to who? Who is sitting there watching Morgans dodgy right wng uncle inna suit routine, enjoying it? That audience surely gets its succor from talk radio already

More from Guido about last night's figures.

Tom Newton Dunn got 3k against Farage on 99.5k
Morgan got 24k against Mark Steyn who got more than twice that - 54k

word reaches Guido that the station’s bosses realise the show is just not working and that something drastic has to be done to stop Morgan droning on about woke issues night after night in an unappealing way. He needs a Susanna Reid type foil to contrast against him and to make his formulaic denunciations more interesting. He needs to spark off against someone on screen. As much as it might be humiliating for Morgan, it might save him from his own ego…

No idea how true that is, but it wouldn't surprise me, they must be in a complete panic with this unfolding disaster.

More from Guido about last night's figures.

Tom Newton Dunn got 3k against Farage on 99.5k
Morgan got 24k against Mark Steyn who got more than twice that - 54k

No idea how true that is, but it wouldn't surprise me, they must be in a complete panic with this unfolding disaster.
guido are basically fascists, you should just steal their content outright if you must use it instead of linking to them

The problem he has is that he had more capable presenters than him at GMB who would reel him in when he started on his tedious anti woke diatribes (Suzanna and the weatherman dude) which was reasonably entertaining for a morning show. No one wants to come home from work and watch him banging on for hours about how bad 'woke' things are. Even the doughtiest of gammon would get bored with that after a bit, especially as it is the same crap recycled day after day.

I thought the person who accused him of being a cunt might have given it a boost, but no.

The problem he has is that he had more capable presenters than him at GMB who would reel him in when he started on his tedious anti woke diatribes (Suzanna and the weatherman dude) which was reasonably entertaining for a morning show. No one wants to come home from work and watch him banging on for hours about how bad 'woke' things are. Even the doughtiest of gammon would get bored with that after a bit, especially as it is the same crap recycled day after day.

But, that sums up the evening output on GB News, yet Farage continues to get around 70-100k viewers, and Wootton has been seen his figures go up from 50-60k a few weeks ago to 70-80k+ now,

The problem he has is that he had more capable presenters than him at GMB who would reel him in when he started on his tedious anti woke diatribes (Suzanna and the weatherman dude)
I believe the phrase "job creep" applies here.

Possibly in more ways than one.

"I'm supposed to be reading the fucking weather! Why is it my job to keep dickface over here from jumping off his own shitcliff into his own shitsea and taking us down with him??"

loyal ukippers following farage?

Possible, but that doesn't explain why Wootton and that Mark Steyn are increasing their audiences.

Whilst it's funny that Morgan is a total failure, I had been hoping TalkTV would damage GBN and perhaps even kill it off, because TTV is nowhere near as looney, but that seems unlikely now.

For all that they're carpetbagging dickheads Farage and his GB buddies are gammon-centred, with a long pedigree of campaigning for the things they want.

Morgan on the other hand is unloyal to the gammon cause. Woke-baiting alone clearly won't cut it when it's from a Remain voting former Mirror man who bashes Boris as easily as Meghan.

I don't think the British right wing have any huge loyalty to Donald Trump, why would they care?

I agree not all british gammons are trump fans but some of them are. Actually thinking about it more important than rowing with trump is that morgan rowed publicly with farage afterwards which won't go down well with the gammon audience they were chasing.

Possible, but that doesn't explain why Wootton and that Mark Steyn are increasing their audiences.

Whilst it's funny that Morgan is a total failure, I had been hoping TalkTV would damage GBN and perhaps even kill it off, because TTV is nowhere near as looney, but that seems unlikely now.

It is obvious by now that neither gb news or talk tv are going to get the power and influence that fox news gets in the states. Hopefully both will die eventually.

Back
Top Bottom