Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

This is quite entertaining in parts

For some reason doesn't mention the seemingly inexplicable refusal to prosecute him over insider dealing though.

That article upset Mike Graham, who funny enough scored zero TV ratings across his whole show yesterday, I love the reply to him -

Not sure how I feel about this. Succession is my fav programme, kinda ruined a little now. Although I guess he does explain his position quite well, on the Bill Murray thing anyway.

Update on Morgan's viewing figures, the average watching on -

Week 1 - w/c 25/4
Mon - 317K
Tue - 216k
Wed - 123k
Thur - 118k

Week 2 - w/c 2/5
Mon - 61.7k (low because of the Bank Holiday)
Tue - 76.7k

Week 3 - w/c 9/5
Mon - 58.8k

A new low yesterday, lower than the week before, which was Bank Holiday Monday, with lower figures across all news channels.

Worst for him, also in the 8pm time slot Mark Steyn on GB News was hitting similar figures, but beat Morgan for 15 minutes out of the hour. Also on GBN, Farage hit 73.6k for his his 7pm show, and Wotton from 9pm hit 75.1k - not sure why his audience seems to be growing.

To be shafted by GBN like that must be very painful for Morgan & TalkTV.

LINK

Now, with that in mind, how many people are going to come home from another unsatisfying day at work and slump down in front of 30 Movie Monsters With Pat Sharp on Now 80s? How many people are going to gently kick their partner at 8.15pm, telling them to turn off Bridgerton because Joyce’s Ulcer, the third episode of the 1989 ITV sitcom Surgical Spirit, just started on Forces TV? And, sure, maybe some people would tune in for Sky Nature HD’s Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs, but my gut feeling is that they would all tune out again after 15 minutes, annoyed by the dogs boasting about their wonderful careers.

And these shows don’t have the luxury of being heavily advertised by a powerful multinational media corporation, as talkTV does. My four-year-old has never seen a picture of Surgical Spirit on the side of a bus and told me that he wants to watch it, as he did with Piers Morgan Uncensored yesterday morning. It’s fine, by the way. I’ve sold him now.

But if people aren’t watching talkTV, they also aren’t watching hundreds of other shows. We find ourselves in a landscape of televisual orphans, floating around in the ether, forgotten and unwatched. So, to reiterate, Morgan might have a point. People aren’t watching television, and his show certainly isn’t the least watched on television at the moment. But, having watched some of it on YouTube, I can tell you it is probably the most insufferable. Hope that helps.
An interesting read.

An interesting read.

My four-year-old has never seen a picture of Surgical Spirit on the side of a bus and told me that he wants to watch it, as he did with Piers Morgan Uncensored yesterday morning. It’s fine, by the way. I’ve sold him now.

:D

I think Morgan and Gervais are quite close friends so take it in that context

I don't know how 'close' they are as 'friends', but it was clearly just a joke.

Meanwhile Guido has come up with this graph of how well things are going for Morgan & TalkTV, from that night's viewing figures.

2eee.png

I don’t even know what woke means tbh. Everyone who isn’t on the right?
Identity politics and post modernism aren’t camps I want to be lumped in with but apparently I am because of egalitarianism. :confused:

Watched it tonight. Apart form anything else it's scheduled at the wrong time - should be 6 or 7pm - or later. Not prime time evening.

The Piers Morgan Uncensored Unwatched Show average viewing figures -

Week 1 - w/c 25/4
Mon - 317K
Tue - 216k
Wed - 123k
Thur - 118k

Week 2 - w/c 2/5
Mon - 61.7k (low because of the Bank Holiday)
Tue - 76.7k

Week 3 - w/c 9/5
Mon - 58.8k
Wed - 44k

At this rate, it'll only going be his mum left watching in a couple of weeks. :D

There are reports that they spent £4m on advertising the launch of his show, which considering all the spots on ITV, C-4, C-5 and other TV channels, plus radio, press, billboards, buses & bus stops, etc., it sounds like a reasonable figure. It's basically £90 for every viewer they got on Wednesday. :D

Meanwhile Tom Newton Dunn's Newsdesk on before him got a whopping 1,000 average viewers.

There is a lot of choice for our eyeballs presently, why should we want to watch an opinionated twat who thinks so highly of himself that he thinks viewers will hang on his every word.

When he was on GMB he savaged every politician who dared come on the show, as a result none of them wanted to come on, quelle surprise, it is a wonder he manages to find any guests, such an odious twat he is.

My impression is Piers Morgan gigs to date have been in prime time, captive audience spots. Its not really him that's the draw, more the fact people stick the telly on and he happens to be on it. The notion people are actually keen to watch the blowhard has been put to the test once and for all.

This appears to be an accurate transcript.

“Snowflake! Snowflake! Woke! Woke, woke, woke, woke. Cancel Culture. Cancel Culture. Woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke!

“Cancel Culture! Woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, Cancel Culture, snowflake. Snowflake? Woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke,” he continued, getting increasingly angry.

“WOKE! WOKE! WOKE! WOKE! WOKE! WOKE! Cancel Culture."

So why is it all so strange? Well, despite heavy publicity, these shows and channels don’t appear to be resonating with U.K. audiences. “Piers Morgan Uncensored” has consistently shed viewers, from 317,000 overnight viewers on launch day, to less than 60,000 just over two weeks later.

Wednesday’s episode received an average of 44,000 viewers, according to ratings body BARB. In comparison, a repeat of digital channel Quest’s “Salvage Hunters,” where people discover rusty old objects, received on average three times more viewers.

:D

Back
Top Bottom