Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

Overnight viewing figures for Morgan's show have landed, he peaked at 397k, with an average across the hour of 317k, giving it a 2% audience share.

Considering the amount of publicity and advertising, and comparing it with the peak of 336k and average of 262k that watched Andrew Neil's launch show on GB News, that seems like a failure to me, and I doubt they will be pleased with that at all.

ETA - averages for the same time on the other news channels - Mark Steyn on GBN - 33k, BBC News - 135k, Sky News - 107k

And, apparently 'The Talk' with Sharon Osbourne, which followed Morgan, dropped to just 44k.

ETA 2 - Farage's Trump interview got 190k viewers/1.3% share,

Last edited:
A quick check on youtube currently reveals that there are 1.5k watching TalkTV, 10k watching Sky News and 721 individuals watching GB News.

Obvs to be taken with a pinch of salt as its the first week but it says a lot about how GB News have failed to make any real impact in their first year,.

Overnight viewing figures for Morgan's show have landed, he peaked at 397k, with an average across the hour of 317k, giving it a 2% audience share.

Considering the amount of publicity and advertising, and comparing it with the peak of 336k and average of 262k that watched Andrew Neil's launch show on GB News, that seems like a failure to me, and I doubt they will be pleased with that at all.

ETA - averages for the same time on the other news channels - Mark Steyn on GBN - 33k, BBC News - 135k, Sky News - 107k

And, apparently 'The Talk' with Sharon Osbourne, which followed Morgan, dropped to just 44k.

Piers's show is being shown on usa and oz channels as well. Wonder what their viewing figures are like? :hmm:

Last edited:

Piers is very pleased with those figures on his twitter, trolling the guardian at the same time

Piers is very pleased with those figures on his twitter, trolling the guardian at the same time

I am not surprised he's claiming that, but with all the publicity, ads in Murdoch newspaper titles & on his various radio stations, in various TV listings magazines, and on major channels like ITV & C-5, and still only getting about 20% more than GBN's launch show, I am not buying it myself.

He claims he beat BBC News and Sky News combined in his time period. I dunno how these things work but anyway I won't be watching. He seems to have got even crazier in his time off. Proper Fox News style.

Well that would be regarded as a success I think. Does this thing have any other content or is it just 24/7 Piers.

Well that would be regarded as a success I think.

But, it's not a real like-for-like comparison, as both the Sky & BBC News were airing actual news, whereas Morgan's show is not a news programme.

Does this thing have any other content or is it just 24/7 Piers.

Weekdays it's basically just 3 hours in the evening, 'The News Desk' @ 7pm, Morgan @ 8pm (repeated at 11pm), 'The Talk' @ 9pm, the rest of the time it's a simulcast of TalkRadio with vision.

But, it's not a real like-for-like comparison, as both the Sky & BBC News were airing actual news, whereas Morgan's show is not a news programme.

Weekdays it's basically just 3 hours in the evening, 'The News Desk' @ 7pm, Morgan @ 8pm (repeated at 11pm), 'The Talk' @ 9pm, the rest of the time it's a simulcast of TalkRadio with vision.

I don't see how that can be a profitable business model for Murdoch. It's really weird.

Not even a fucking News Bunny, I'm fumin 😡

Yeah, literally nothing on it.

There's a suggestion It's now confirmed that Johnson is going to be interviewed on the 7pm 'News Desk' tonight, I can't remember the last time I saw him doing a proper sit down TV interview.

Last edited:
Piers's show is being shown on usa and oz channels as well. Wonder what their viewing figures are like? :hmm:

He got a total of 143,000 on Sky News Australia, can't find any figures for Fox Nation, which IIRC is only subscription-based online offering, so probably not a massive audience.

The new show, hosted by the former CNN and Good Morning Britain anchor Piers Morgan, was the number one program on Foxtel, delivering a total average audience of 93,800 pay-tv viewers. An increase of +114% on the year-to-date timeslot average.

Piers Morgan Uncensored was also the number one program on Sky News Regional. The broadcast on the linear regional free-to-air channel delivering a total average audience of 48,600, an increase of +51% on the year-to-date timeslot average. LINK

Morgan lost over 100k viewers for Tuesday night, average down to 216k compared to 317k on Monday. :D

1c.jpg

7pm-8pm:
GB News (Farage) - 73,000
TalkTV (The News Desk, inc. interview with Johnson) - 44,000

8pm-9pm:
GB News - 41,000
TalkTV (Morgan) - 216,000

9pm-10pm:
GB News - 59,000
TalkTV - 20,000

He didn't 'lose' 100k viewers, he just wasn't doing an interview with the ex-president of the United States that had been trailed across the international media for the whole previous week. There will have been zero expectation of holding on to that many - 216000 looks pretty respectable

So tonight’s big guest on the Piers Morgan show: Tuck Carlson.

Massive UK ratings guaranteed… 🤭

He didn't 'lose' 100k viewers, he just wasn't doing an interview with the ex-president of the United States that had been trailed across the international media for the whole previous week. There will have been zero expectation of holding on to that many - 216000 looks pretty respectable

He was interviewing Trump. the interview took place over two nights, so I expect the viewing figures to drop even further, if he ends up settling down at around 80-100k that Farage gets, he's in trouble.

Update on Morgan's viewing figures, the average watching on -

Mon - 317K
Tue - 216k
Wed - 123k

So, yesterday he was just ahead of Farage, but as more people tend to be watching TV at 8pm compared to 7pm, they were basically neck & neck on a reach of just 0.8%.

His show is followed by 'The Talk' with Sharon Osbourne @ 9pm, which hit just 44k on Mon., and yesterday crashed to just 9.7k.

'The News Desk' with Tom Newton Dunn’ at 7pm dropped from 41k on Tue., to just 15.3k yesterday.

They are in real trouble, time to call on Roland Rat.

Back
Top Bottom