Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Piers Morgan rehired by Murdoch for his new TalkTV

My impression is Piers Morgan gigs to date have been in prime time, captive audience spots. Its not really him that's the draw, more the fact people stick the telly on and he happens to be on it. The notion people are actually keen to watch the blowhard has been put to the test once and for all.

Not just that- he's also been diluted.. this is Morgan in a concentrated form and even the interviews are as much about him.. No wonder it's proving a massive turnoff.. especially at 8pm. :thumbs: Good exercise in hubris, this.

The Piers Morgan Uncensored Unwatched Show average viewing figures -

Week 1 - w/c 25/4
Mon - 317K
Tue - 216k
Wed - 123k
Thur - 118k

Week 2 - w/c 2/5
Mon - 61.7k (low because of the Bank Holiday)
Tue - 76.7k

Week 3 - w/c 9/5
Mon - 58.8k
Wed - 44k

At this rate, it'll only going be his mum left watching in a couple of weeks. :D

There are reports that they spent £4m on advertising the launch of his show, which considering all the spots on ITV, C-4, C-5 and other TV channels, plus radio, press, billboards, buses & bus stops, etc., it sounds like a reasonable figure. It's basically £90 for every viewer they got on Wednesday. :D

Meanwhile Tom Newton Dunn's Newsdesk on before him got a whopping 1,000 average viewers.
I've seen the advert and obviously I hated it, but I also couldn't imagine how many people would be tempted to watch it based on that. I know people moaning about woke people and cancel culture is popular right now, but I'm not sure people really want to watch a whole show based around it. I guess as the ratings show.

Last edited:
Guido hasn't published the actual averaged viewing figures today, but Morgan was beaten by Mark Steyn on GB News in the same time slot last night, which must hurt.

Looks like Morgan is settling down to around just over 40k viewers a night, which is shockingly bad.

The slow motion collapse in ratings of Talk TV is astounding. Until now, Piers Morgan has always held his lead in his slot against Mark Steyn on GB News. Last night Steyn beat Morgan for the first time…

2n.png
In every primetime slot last night Talk TV got walloped by the rival start-up. Unsurprisingly, Piers is now switching his metric of choice from actual television viewers and telling people the future is all about online platforms, something Guido agrees with. Yet he’s not doing so well on YouTube or the streaming Fox Nation either – hardly surprising that the latter platform, targeted at Trump-loving gun nuts, isn’t terribly keen on the gun ban nut who has publicly fallen out with the Donald. LINK

Failing in Australia, the UK & the US is some achievement.

There was an ad on the radio for him this morning, he was ranting along the lines of "vegans are all so miserable, what they need to cheer them up is a nice steak" - I mean, even our most wanky veggie-bating threads have a bit more panache about them than that. He's just shit.

The Piers Morgan Uncensored Unwatched Show average viewing figures -

Week 1 - w/c 25/4
Mon - 317K
Tue - 216k
Wed - 123k
Thur - 118k

Week 2 - w/c 2/5
Mon - 61.7k (low because of the Bank Holiday)
Tue - 76.7k

Week 3 - w/c 9/5
Mon - 58.8k
Wed - 44k

Week 4 - w/c 16/5
Mon - 40.3k (beaten by Mark Steyn on GB News at the same time - 41.1k)

Just found a source for Monday's new record low average viewing figure at just 40.3k for Morgan, with 'The Talk' programme that follows his scoring an average of just 300 viewers, compared with Dan Wootton on GB News with 81,000!

Farage on GB News averages between around 70-90k, and I remember posting at the start that if Morgan settled down to around that figure they would be in big trouble, I never imagined his figure could drop to around half of those for Farage, which leaves me wondering just how low it could go.

On Monday night the unthinkable happened. Morgan’s show recorded a new low of 40,300 viewers.

GB News’s alternative, an hour in the company of Mark Steyn, a Canadian-born polemicist, described by one American newspaper as “the most toxic right-wing pundit you’ve never heard of”, claimed a ratings victory with 41,100 viewers.

Steyn’s triumph will be galling for News UK, which has spent millions on marketing Morgan’s show and provided extensive cross-promotion of its contents across its newspaper stable, including The Sun and The Times.

Looks as though his hopes of 'a year' might have been optimistic
Ros Atkins gave him an unfriendly grilling on The Media Show yesterday but I'm not sure it achieved more than publicise Piers Morgan. The man is unrepentant Teflon.

When Ros Atkins asked him what he would count as 'success' he said 'still being here [ie, at Talk TV] in a year's time. Rupert is ruthless' - or words to that effect.

How is he claiming these figures?

Because he's basically right, he bounced back from his worst ever viewing figures on Monday of 40.3k to 82.6k last night, no idea why TBH. 🤷‍♂️

What is funny, he makes a big song and dance about his TV viewing figures when they seem to be doing fairly well, but when they are shit, he claims TV viewing figures don't matter as it's more about online now, where ironically he's not actually making much of an impact.

Piers has already boasted this morning about how his ratings “DOUBLED” last night compared to Monday’s figures, going from 40,300 to 82,600. Guido has the BARB figures, and while Piers is right, it was only yesterday that Piers was busy insisting television views don’t matter, and it’s all about the online metrics. Maybe that only applies when your channel is getting walloped in every primetime slot…

The box office bad news for Piers Morgan is that he is still trailing behind Nigel Farage, who is still miles ahead with 113,2000 tuning in last night. Tom Newton Dunn also had a winner yesterday, going from 1,200 viewers on Monday to 1,400 last night. The only way is up, surely…

LINK

Because he's basically right, he bounced back from his worst ever viewing figures on Monday of 40.3k to 82.6k last night, no idea why TBH. 🤷‍♂️

What is funny, he makes a big song and dance about his TV viewing figures when they seem to be doing fairly well, but when they are shit, he claims TV viewing figures don't matter as it's more about online now, where ironically he's not actually making much of an impact.

LINK
Piers Morgan Bouncing Back-series-prop_360_f02bba29831525813645ade4387e05e7.jpg

LINK

Oh, when his figures are shit he sends many many tweets about Arsenal and other meaningless shit

s-l300.jpg

:hmm: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom