Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

If they are out in the daylight they are in distress and should probably be taken to a rescue. Water and dry cat food is recommended, not bread and milk like when we were kids.
Thank you..I did wonder. He seemed ok yesterday and was under bird feeder where often there is dropped food.. and often none on ground in mornings. I gave water yesterday and could touch him and he not roll into ball so not scared. He wandered off back under cabin, I can't see any sign of him/them with torch, but if I come across him again in daylight I will take him to vet to get checked. It was lovely surprise to see him yesterday. Thank you for your info and concern. I have previously seen hedgehogs in daylight in London so maybe they do wander now and then.

Thank you..I did wonder. He seemed ok yesterday and was under bird feeder where often there is dropped food.. and often none on ground in mornings. I gave water yesterday and could touch him and he not roll into ball so not scared. He wandered off back under cabin, I can't see any sign of him/them with torch, but if I come across him again in daylight I will take him to vet to get checked. It was lovely surprise to see him yesterday. Thank you for your info and concern. I have previously seen hedgehogs in daylight in London so maybe they do wander now and then.
I can’t claim any expertise, but hedghogcabin is on my twitter feed and I’ve been amazed at my lack of knowledge about the little critters. I’ve not seen one since I was a kid when it was common knowledge you put bread and milk out, and they ate slugs. (I’ve not tried to verify I’d gypsies really do cover them in clay to de-spine them before eating ;) )
It sounds like you need to build a hedgehog house ready for the winter

I can’t claim any expertise, but hedghogcabin is on my twitter feed and I’ve been amazed at my lack of knowledge about the little critters. I’ve not seen one since I was a kid when it was common knowledge you put bread and milk out, and they ate slugs. (I’ve not tried to verify I’d gypsies really do cover them in clay to de-spine them before eating ;) )
It sounds like you need to build a hedgehog house ready for the winter

Update... So he appeared again this evening at around the same time. I had a good look at him while he was eating and then he wandered into undergrowth, where I kept an eye on him. Seemed in good health, mooching about. I put him in plastic shopping basket and had closer look at him, to see no broken bones or cuts.. seemed ok. Had no place to take him this evening so let him go and he wandered back where he went yesterday evening.. will check for local info, animal rescue places tomorrow and see if he needs any further assistance. There is water and food on ground for him if he comes out tonight.

IMG_20200824_191522.jpg

The rescue begins..
He appeared again this evening, bit later, was dusk.. he had some small amount of food and then wandered into undergrowth.. it's has been very wet and stormy here and he just curled up into sleep position but shaking. I have read they don't like the cold so have brought him inside out of rain and he now dozing in box with old socks for blankets..
Hope he survives the night and we'll see what we can do in the morning..
IMG_20200825_210456.jpg

Update.. hedgehog has survived the night, has been taken to vet for check and shopping for bag of dried dog food donation for animal rescue place. He is now at animal rescue place for two weeks rest and observation and will be brought back here then. I need to build a little house for him for the winter.
I am very happy that this has turned out well.. pic is from Monday evening undergrowth mooch.

IMG_20200826_120139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom