Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

20200515_120438.jpg

The seemingly eternal struggle between the authorities & picnickers, I thought we could go for picnics again 😰20200515_114658.jpg
Local estate, I have noticed more poppies lately .20200515_102041.jpg
Lea Bridge Road roundabout. When I moved to Clapton in 1997 this roundabout and the underpass were notorious, mugging central. Looks quite pretty now.

Did not bother yesterday, was too busy moping. Doing a short walk today (half hour to the shop and back for baccy).
I get those days too. I know at the time that moping will only make me feel worse but I just don't have the motivation to deal with it. :(
They mostly just come one at a time with me.

I'm finding less motivation to walk in the week as I'm working from home and don't get an opportunity to walk too far so it's been the same repetitive circuits. I'm still looking forward to the weekend walks as I can get out and explore areas further afield.

The good thing now is we’re officially allowed to venture a bit further for our walks, went to Hayling Island yesterday. Nothing to stop you venturing west towards Dorking or Guildford way now...

I'm finding less motivation to walk in the week as I'm working from home and don't get an opportunity to walk too far so it's been the same repetitive circuits. I'm still looking forward to the weekend walks as I can get out and explore areas further afield.
Very much the case here too. The local walks are a bit repetitive, There are variations, but I'm trying to avoid narrow paths. There are some lovely walks round here, just a short drive away, but they will be busy, and, eg, the path along the river is a bit narrow at the best of times.

The good thing now is we’re officially allowed to venture a bit further for our walks, went to Hayling Island yesterday. Nothing to stop you venturing west towards Dorking or Guildford way now...
I had thought about getting in the car to drive somewhere for my weekend walks. In the past (pre-lockdown), I've done a few around Dorking, Leith Hill and Box Hill which would be quick to get to but there's still a few local areas (in walking distance) I'd like to try at the weekends first. It's really just the weekday ones which have become repetitive when I've only got an hour of free time during my lunch break.

How far are ye officially allowed to travel for walks and exercise?
We can now travel up to 5km from home for exercise. Further travel distance is allowed for shopping but thats based on rural distances to local town, not someone in Brixton deciding to shop in Watford or Brighton.

Back
Top Bottom