Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

went across town for a change today. through studentville which was blissfully empty - much more so than my park walks. and crossing all the big roads was a breeze :) i don't press buttons on crossings any more but there's usually only a couple of cars at the lights every turn, so plenty of opportunity. saw much less people overall than doing a local park walk. and big park is big enough that everyone can give space. people are concentrated in queues on the main shopping streets but easy enough to avoid.

and i know which end of town to avoid the utter wankers in convertibles :thumbs:

I must say, right now I do envy you where you live: you've nice green spaces much closer to hand than I have here! Mum keeps sending photos from her walks down by the river.

Sorry! Was lovely to see her the other day by the way, it was like the shittest spy thriller ever :D

The flour is in the saddlebag. I say again, the flour is in the saddlebag

no sign of any cops patrolling parks. not even seen a PCSO in 6 weeks of lockdown
I've seen a patrol car parked in the little car park in our nearest large open space a couple of times but I suspect they are just having a break and taking in the views at the same time.

You still seem to have more green space to hand than I do in north Hull! In fairness, though, I've not been venturing far from home and I could be out of the city altogether in half an hour if I gave it legs...
The Lea Valley is on my doorstep (The River Lea is about 10 minutes away) so we have a huge green space close by. Very glad of it atm.

Last edited:
A28E5656-0F65-4BE2-862C-A0A5E3F789C9.jpeg
‘Flood’!? Presumably the bloke who should have put that sign away in February has been furloughed.

7A14937E-CE84-4973-B283-7EAB7233360B.jpeg
A very local landmark. Traffic is calm enough that you can avoid the fussy little cycle bypasses on the pavement, and just pass the barriers by swerving over to the other side of the road. Can normally only do that trick at night or in the early hours.

Generally seemed a bit busier out today compared to my last excursion nearly two weeks ago.

This is just turning into the pretty countryside thread, isn't it? Here, have some deserted city streets.

View attachment 208639View attachment 208641

Challenge accepted

DSCF2103.JPG
DSCF2094.JPG
_20200425_003442.JPG
Official murals in Christchurch don't seem to get painted on much but this looks like a mural painted partly over another mural for some reason
The original can be seen here, I was hoping it would say something about the change / paint over but that site is fairly annoying to use on a phone and I can't see any explanation, the new work doesn't seem to be on there

Back
Top Bottom