Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

I had a longer walk this afternoon to make up for walking less throughout most of the week. Walked about 8 miles today but more significantly, according to my phone I've climbed the equivalent of 87 flights of stairs. No wonder my feet and ankles ache!

Yes, it's that windy on the top of the North Downs...

Back on the long drive to the local school I walked towards in an earlier walk. I got sidetracked last time so didn't walk along this stretch before...

Finally made it to the school grounds...

Wild Garlic...

Last week I took photos from the North Downs looking towards London, this week I'm looking south over the Weald and I'm led to believe the very thin strip of hills on the horizon are the South Downs.

This a bit difficult to see but it's a bat roost in a cave BUT because of a few pesky humans it's had to be all but blocked up. The bats can get in but humans can't.

Early evening sun...

How are you finding it on canalside Marty? Wanted to have another walk down the Grand Union but with the joggers and cyclists there isn't enough room?

"A new social type was being created by the apartment building, a cool, unemotional personality impervious to the psychological pressures of high-rise life, with minimal needs for privacy, who thrived like an advanced species of machine in the neutral atmosphere. This was the sort of resident who was content to do nothing but sit in his over-priced apartment, watch television with the sound turned down, and wait for his neighbours to make a mistake." J G Ballard - High- rise.
20200427_134642.jpg

How are you finding it on canalside Marty? Wanted to have another walk down the Grand Union but with the joggers and cyclists there isn't enough room?
It's ok early morning , but by the afternoon it is troublesome ,so most days I go out in the morning.

Had a look at my freshly renovated pond before setting out, which appears to be working :cool:

toad1.jpg

Bottom of the road

Mount Haven.jpg

Bus shelter

nhs.jpg willy.jpg

Wonderland warning

unevenrabbit.jpg

Twenty five years since I was last up here

view.jpg

succ.jpg

Many years ago, a friend had an allotment in here - my daughters used to think it was the Secret Garden

beacon.jpg

Since the border with England was closed loads of flags have been appearing on the estate

gwyn ha dhu.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom