Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

Just looked at this thread on something other than a phone for the first time and the photos are too big to view in one go! Hopeless.

Just looked at this thread on something other than a phone for the first time and the photos are too big to view in one go! Hopeless.

I'm scaling all my photos down to sensible sizes, which can take up to 30 seconds per image, but other people are clearly too busy for that :hmm:

Anyway, water theme today:

w3.JPGw4.JPGw5.JPG

At the top there is the National Water Sports Centre, a vast expanse of boat-related facilities including a 2km rowing lake and a white water kayaking course. While the actual boat stuff is mothballed it has all been left open to the public to wander round and enjoy the many car-free footpaths, water features and nature reserves.

Last edited:
I like living where I do, but looking at this thread I can't help envying those who've countryside to walk in. The nearest I get is the park...

You must have a very good camera for close-ups kebabking, amazing focus.

Cheers. It's a Sony HX350, I've had it about 8 months (bought on a whim in Alnwick) - I think most smartphones with HDR should take similar (better?) pictures at close up, it's only real advantage is the optical zoom for distance shots. I have really enjoyed it though, probably the biggest plus is that it 'forces' me to walk slower, look much harder at the world around me and notice much more. That's been a real joy, proper journey of discovery stuff....

Cheers. It's a Sony HX350, I've had it about 8 months (bought on a whim in Alnwick) - I think most smartphones with HDR should take similar (better?) pictures at close up, it's only real advantage is the optical zoom for distance shots. I have really enjoyed it though, probably the biggest plus is that it 'forces' me to walk slower, look much harder at the world around me and notice much more. That's been a real joy, proper journey of discovery stuff....

Yes, my kid's new phone takes much better pics than mine (not sure what make, not my department, I don't buy these things!), mine's a bit rubbish for close ups. I have got my proper camera out, and just started using it again (well two, one's a compact Sony Coolpic I think, powerful zoom, the other's a digital SLR, again can't remember the make, must check), I'll get round to posting some pics I take with them... eventually. I need to be walking alone to focus on taking 'better' pics, and mostly I'm not. Still happy enough with what my phone takes though.

I love the detail in small stuff the best I think. It is a joy :)

Yup I got a camera with a fancy zoom for the same reasons as kebabking. It also allows you to pick out and frame one interesting detail in an otherwise dull scene.

Sometimes of course you just end up staring at a distant heron for half an hour waiting for it to do something, which is what I did yesterday.

Did a longer walk this morning (about 8 miles) as I have a day off today :hmm: 20200424_111738.jpgReservoir near Tottenham Lock 20200424_092151.jpgHindu Temple on Forest Road 20200424_100341.jpgWaterside , at the back of this little row of houses is a view of the reservoir. Opposite is a massive sewage works. 20200424_103509.jpgWalthamstow Marshes

Did a longer walk this morning (about 8 miles) as I have a day off today :hmm: View attachment 208560Reservoir near Tottenham Lock View attachment 208561Hindu Temple on Forest Road View attachment 208562Waterside , at the back of this little row of houses is a view of the reservoir. Opposite is a massive sewage works. View attachment 208564Walthamstow Marshes

I know most of your pics so well marty21 - got relatives off the bottom of Forest Rd, partner's son used to live off the top of Forest Rd, done many walks in the marshes...and have been to more than one free party nr Tottenham lock.

I know most of your pics so well marty21 - got relatives off the bottom of Forest Rd, partner's son used to live off the top of Forest Rd, done many walks in the marshes...and have been to more than one free party nr Tottenham lock.
It's changing dramatically, must be about a dozen or so new tower blocks being built between Tottenham Lock and Blackhorse Rd station. I also took a short detour today into Paddock Community Gardens , seems a favoured destination for the professional drinkers , there some benches in a little circular clearing with plenty of #cans around them.:D

Back
Top Bottom