Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

i started one a while back when i was very pregnant and thus limited in subject matter/physical range :D

i don't take any pics these days because i don;t remember how any of my cameras work :oops: i just look intensely instead :thumbs:

i started one a while back when i was very pregnant and thus limited in subject matter/physical range :D

i don't take any pics these days because i don;t remember how any of my cameras work :oops: i just look intensely instead :thumbs:
Lovely photos there!

I had a "moment" out today with the camera I've been taking on my walks. It said the memory card was full after I took the photo of the horse but there were only three photos on it according to the camera :hmm:

It was only when I got home I realised I'd put the wrong memory card in the camera and it couldn't see all the other files taking up the space! :facepalm:

<resolves to take current camera on walks>

i hate it when i take a pic and it doesn't match up with what i'm seeing. i should really work out how the fuck to synch my view with my pics, given current equipment.
I'm just carrying a little Canon IXUS with me. I know what you mean about the photos not matching up with the view you see. I may need to work out if I can stitch some panoramas together. I think the camera can do it, if only I knew how! :oops:

can i vent? i fucking hate how being female makes me so scared to walk at night :( i'm actually equally capable of walking responsibly whatever the ambient lighting. i just get fucking whiplash from checking behind me again for the jogger, again for the vehicle, again for the weird start-stop pedestrian, again for the bloke loitering with his dog who hasn't moved since i was last at this bit... :(

there's cars doing crazy speeds on empty roads atm. i always visually check cos i wear headphones. it's come to my attention that singing loudly along to whatever i have on at the time can clear pathways like nothing else :hmm: (((all the country greats i mangle)))

Took a different route today, and there's more lush countryside I didn't know about 5 minutes walk from my house. :confused:

Also a huge stately home estate. You can't see it properly 'cause of the massive gates and walls, but it's fucking enormous.

View attachment 207299View attachment 207300View attachment 207301View attachment 207302View attachment 207303

Being able to see the house from the gate suggests either massive gatehouse or not stately home. The cameras and signs suggest time-share spiv or drug dealer.

(I checked, and it seems to be owned by a slightly dodgy property developing family who own half the nice old buildings in preston)

I decided to walk up to "the Hill" (the older part of town) today.

This is "our" cedar tree. It's purported to be cursed by a witch who was hanged from its branches. It's bad luck to talk while you walk under it and a couple of years ago it was blamed for setting fire to a car parked under it!

The bowling green and trees in our local park.

Clocktower in the park

The old parish church (on the right) is over 900 years old.

More of the many steps!

This used to be a seat half way up one of the many hills but somebody thought it would be a good idea to put up railings so the seat fell into disrepair.

Last edited:
I decided to link the walk I did yesterday with the walk I did earlier in the week into a 10 mile circular walk through suburbia, out into the countryside via overgrown and poorly signposted public footpaths, then back into suburbia.

Not many pics because most of the route I've already photographed extensively, plus my phone ran out out charge as I was at the very furthest part of the walk, in the middle of a load of totally anonymous fields. :eek: I found my way back by following the sound of the motorway, but it was touch and go in places. Scouring each field for the yellow arrow which on some occasions just wasn't there...

I plotted the route on google maps here if you want to have a look (some of it is quite approximate cause I've had to do it from memory...)

20200418_143405.jpg20200418_145815.jpg20200418_145827.jpg

I found an actual hollow tree! No owls or treasures within though, sadly.

20200418_141320.jpg20200418_141335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom