Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

If we do go back, the nearest refreshment is the Fox? A pub in the area I don't thing I've ever been to 😮
If you're walking around Coulsdon Common towards St Peter & St Paul then The Fox is probably your best bet but if you're walking further south then maybe The Harrow which is actually in Chaldon. It's on the south side of Chaldon and some of the footpaths between the Church and The Harrow allow you to look northwards over London. A short walk further south takes you to the top of the North Downs ridge and you can look south over the Weald and, on a clear day from the right spot, you can even see the South Downs.

Have previously been to the Harrow. As I've never been to the Fox I would like to try it.
The Fox is an OK pub but nothing special. It's part of chain so the food is fairly generic but does have a bit of a country pub feel because of its location.

To be honest there aren't many decent pubs around here. I do visit the Fox and the Harrow from time to time as they are both in walking distance. The better country pub is Botley Hill Farmhouse (a sister pub to the White Bear and a couple of miles south of it) but it's a long walk from my place.

The Fox is an OK pub but nothing special. It's part of chain so the food is fairly generic but does have a bit of a country pub feel because of its location.

To be honest there aren't many decent pubs around here. I do visit the Fox and the Harrow from time to time as they are both in walking distance. The better country pub is Botley Hill Farmhouse (a sister pub to the White Bear and a couple of miles south of it) but it's a long walk from my place.
I know the botley has great views but not sure about the food or beer ( it's been a while since I was there)

Back
Top Bottom