Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

He's a terrible host on his show. If anything, he's set back the gun control debate with his recent antics.

He's a terrible host on his show. If anything, he's set back the gun control debate with his recent antics.

I don't think gun control in the US is an issue that can possibly be set back. To suggest otherwise would be to imply that some progress has been made at some point.

I don't think gun control in the US is an issue that can possibly be set back. To suggest otherwise would be to imply that some progress has been made at some point.

I said he'd set back the current debate, not legislation.

Of course he hasn't, he's insignificant to Americans as he is to us.

He's been chairing primetime debates about it on CNN. By drawing attention to his antics and away from the very pressing issue of assault weapon reforms he's setting the debate back amongst his viewers.

So what? He's British, they're not going to listen to him. He's a curiosity and a novelty, that's all.

He has minimal influence.

True enough, and he must be absolutely loving the publicity from this, but just because most on here agree that's he's an arsehole, doesn't mean those gunfreak tossers lobbying for his deportation are in way to be agreed with.

So what? He's British, they're not going to listen to him. He's a curiosity and a novelty, that's all.

He has minimal influence.

Precisely, a curiosity/novelty that trivialises the issue and takes the focus of attention away from any serious talk of reform. To argue that his recent contributions have had no effect on any Americans at all is absurd and immediately disproven by the fact that he's had a signed petition for his deportation on the White house webpage. No matter how small his contribution may be, it's a negative one just the same.

Back
Top Bottom