Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paul Embery

Fedayn

Anyone got a good run down of what Paul Embery the ex FBU National Exec member was supposed to have done to get barred from holding office for 2 years.
Some of the stuff he said was good, some was weird and some of the people he retweeted were certifiable bigots, racists and homophobes

Anyone got a decent precis of the events?

Anyone got a good run down of what Paul Embery the ex FBU National Exec member was supposed to have done to get barred from holding office for 2 years.
Some of the stuff he said was good, some was weird and some of the people he retweeted were certifiable bigots, racists and homophobes

Anyone got a decent precis of the events?
Think the official reason was speaking at the Leave means Leave demo. Was a recent thread on here which covered it in some detail.

I think since his suspension he has moved firmly into the contrarian / voice of the PFWC position and that's actually been quite helpful in exposing how hollow it all is.

I think since his suspension he has moved firmly into the contrarian / voice of the PFWC position and that's actually been quite helpful in exposing how hollow it all is.
I thought his suspension was ridiculous tbh .I suppose its easy to view opinions on the left through a Trot/Stalinist type filter or what passes for the left these days but I think theres a place for those who dont fit that filter, some of his stuff is good imo and some stuff cringy. He's economically left and socially 'conservative' and his stuff on place, community, family hits the note.

I thought his suspension was ridiculous tbh .I suppose its easy to view opinions on the left through a Trot/Stalinist type filter or what passes for the left these days but I think theres a place for those who dont fit that filter, some of his stuff is good imo and some stuff cringy. He's economically left and socially 'conservative' and his stuff on place, community, family hits the note.
I'd have agreed with this a few years back but his trajectory over last two or three years, nah

I think I ended up following him a few years back because you mentoned him to be honest. And he has been interesting for sure but the signal to noise ratio has plummeted recently for me. I agree that the suspension was probably a bad idea but half of his posts these days are retweeting people who say it is terrible he's been suspended and the rest are a hodge podge of interesting / bobbins / increasingly tedious culture war stuff.

I think I ended up following him a few years back because you mentoned him to be honest. And he has been interesting for sure but the signal to noise ratio has plummeted recently for me. I agree that the suspension was probably a bad idea but half of his posts these days are retweeting people who say it is terrible he's been suspended and the rest are a hodge podge of interesting / bobbins / increasingly tedious culture war stuff.
Thats true tbh

I agree with all of that. I wonder if his growing media ‘career’ demands he gets noticed and, also that he adopts increasingly reductionist (and increasingly shite) positions?

Back
Top Bottom