Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palestine solidarity demos in the UK

Cake sale solidarity.

At the Crick institute in London some staff organised a bake a cake sale for Gaza with money raised going to MAP Medical Aid for Palestinians.

HR then got complaints that the cake sale had made them feel "unsafe"

Further sales were banned by the mge

The Director of Crick institute waded in with email to staff suggesting that any further cakes sales should be to fund a "neutral" charity.

The word Palestinian in MAP was the problem.

Same director of Crick hadn't been "neutral " on Ukraine. Holding forth with long article on the Crick website

Doesn't really suprise me. Any support for Palestinians in Gaza makes one suspect. Ukraine a different matter.

Cake sale solidarity.

At the Crick institute in London some staff organised a bake a cake sale for Gaza with money raised going to MAP Medical Aid for Palestinians.

HR then got complaints that the cake sale had made them feel "unsafe"

Further sales were banned by the mge

The Director of Crick institute waded in with email to staff suggesting that any further cakes sales should be to fund a "neutral" charity.

The word Palestinian in MAP was the problem.

Same director of Crick hadn't been "neutral " on Ukraine. Holding forth with long article on the Crick website

Doesn't really suprise me. Any support for Palestinians in Gaza makes one suspect. Ukraine a different matter.
It's about whiteness as a political concept and the white privilege that stems from it. Hence, the reason why Ukraine is seen by some as a more worthy cause.

Last edited:
Hmmm, mysterious disappearing post. Have we had another visit from that person who likes getting banned a lot? I did spend a while today mentally drafting a response while bored at work, but if the post's vanished then I suppose there's no point.

Hmmm, mysterious disappearing post. Have we had another visit from that person who likes getting banned a lot? I did spend a while today mentally drafting a response while bored at work, but if the post's vanished then I suppose there's no point.
Yeah I saw that post and could tell it was him again instantly so no surprise it disappeared

Back
Top Bottom