Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

next Tory leader will be

Sure, thats why they elected he unopposed and - up until april last year - fawned over her as thatcher reborn and called her 'mummy'.

If I remember correctly, the reason she was elected unopposed was because her last remaining opponent made an ill-judged comment about May's childlessness and then had to withdraw in shame.

I would suggest that once the initial honeymoon period was over, she was as unpopular with some of her party as any other leader could be expected to be. And once she called an unnecessary general election and then demonstrated her complete inability to connect with the voting public in a positive way, it's been a question of when, not if, the Party will dispense with her services.

I would like to think that the hopefully impending demise of theresa pushmay-pullmay would provoke an early general election but then the other sections of the liblabcon party, jeremy the garden gnoem corbyn or vince wosisname cable don fill me with any feeling that they would be any better than theresa pushmay-pullmay and her shambles !!!

If I remember correctly, the reason she was elected unopposed was because her last remaining opponent made an ill-judged comment about May's childlessness and then had to withdraw in shame.
I don't think that's why she withdrew. She withdrew because a load of backroom deals got done... May initially had hegemonic control over the party, and since then fear of a Corbyn government has kept them (mostly) in line. As I suspect it will do this time too, in the end.

Her successor? There isn't a single MP of any party fit for the post...

Bollocks, I can think of a dozen off the top of my head who would probably be at least competent - few of whom would share my politics. There are doubtless more.

Rory Stewart, Nia Griffiths.

OK, despite keeping an eye on what is happening in politics, I've never heard of those two titans. They must really be setting the heather alight. :)

You on the other hand are so au fait, that you have spelled the name of one of them wrongly. :)

Edit.

Actually, Rory Stewart I have heard of, but not as a politician.

Last edited:
OK, despite keeping an eye on what is happening in politics, I've never heard of those two titans. They must really be setting the heather alight. :)

You on the other hand are so au fait, that you have spelled the name of one of them wrongly. :)

You really are a total fucking twat.

I've said it before, it will be Rees-Mogg. Not because he is the best man for the job, but because he wants it most, and will do whatever it takes.

From one of the most uncivil people on here - fuck off you ridiculous hypocrite.

Really? I have made a conscious effort over a considerable period to be civil to everyone, despite considerable provocation at times.

You will be blocked if you continue with your abuse.

Really? I have made a conscious effort over a considerable period to be civil to everyone, despite considerable provocation at times.

You will be blocked if you continue with your abuse.
You can't block people here. It's not Twitter, you nobgoblin.

By who? He's been consistently at the top or near the top of membership polls for months, and is widely respected in parliament. I thought you kept an eye on politics?

Polls are not always right, indeed lately they have been very far away from the eventuality. He is not trusted by his fellow MPs for what he did to Boris (although, grudgingly, he did the nation a favour there.), remember, initially, May didn't take him into government, which was certainly a proverbial rap across the knuckles.

Rees-Mogg is a staunch Brexit advocate... but Brexit will be over by the time May gets ditched. (Probably).

Heaven knows, I'm at the stage where all I want is a bit of certainty and clarity, neither of which are forthcoming.

The only thing I'm sure of is I do not want Corbyn as PM, I'm not that fond of the current government, but I think Corbyn would be worse.

Bollocks, I can think of a dozen off the top of my head who would probably be at least competent - few of whom would share my politics. There are doubtless more.

Rory Stewart, Nia Griffiths.

DsDOgkbXQAAM5dr.jpg

just Griffiths then?

Back
Top Bottom