Newcastle united 2022-3 um

Blood money
Good performance the other week against the manchesters

Maybe not so good today

I’m failing to connect with this incarnation of the toon as you can guess

/fair weather

Part of an email I've just received...

"
Shocking evidence has emerged about sportswashing happening right here in Britain.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund’s legal team have submitted a document in a US court that states that the Chairman of Newcastle United is “a sitting minister of the Saudi government.” But the Premier League’s Chief Executive, Richard Masters, said when the takeover of Newcastle United was happening that he had “legally binding assurances” that the Saudi Arabian state would not have any control over the club."

Part of an email I've just received...

"
Shocking evidence has emerged about sportswashing happening right here in Britain.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund’s legal team have submitted a document in a US court that states that the Chairman of Newcastle United is “a sitting minister of the Saudi government.” But the Premier League’s Chief Executive, Richard Masters, said when the takeover of Newcastle United was happening that he had “legally binding assurances” that the Saudi Arabian state would not have any control over the club."

Is this email a summary of news from more than a month ago?

All I can say is it's an email received today primarily about executions in Saudi and particularly about someone who was 14 at time of arrest and is on DR.

The ship has sailed. Nobody in football (or govt) cares what the Middle East get up to in their countries as long as the money keeps coming... See the World Cup.

Sure but you seemed to be suggesting something might be happening. Some impending breaking news scandal that would change things. Can't see it.

The ship has sailed. Nobody in football (or govt) cares what the Middle East get up to in their countries as long as the money keeps coming... See the World Cup.

hash tag came along with their hot off the press email, which seemed to be waffle about various unconnected things to do with Saudi Arabia being bad.

I don’t support the football club and have never been to the city but it’s odd to come along and post old news as some kind of gotcha.

Particularly as no Newcastle fans seem to care or be posting actively on the thread.

looks like a CL spot is pretty much sorted now, barring one of them mathematical UEFA black swan outcomes or a total and utter collapse. IM kinda pleased as I do enioy Euro games. Ive not engaged massively this season and havent bothered to sort out actually attending a game. meh. still conflicted over the whole situation as you can tell.

Back
Top Bottom