Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix recommendations

I found Dark confusing and hard to follow. we finished it but were hate watching by the end. I would have said it just didn't really make sense and fell back on the idea that you can do anything cos it's sci-fi but try for yourself by all means...
It all does make sense, but it is a show which demands close attention. Admittedly that isn't for someone seeking light(er) entertainment, which is fair enough but the fact that all the puzzle pieces fit by the end is what makes that show so satisfying for me. That's compared to other sci-fi mystery shows like (most notoriously) Lost, which add the plot twists and mysteries and then it turns out there never was a plan where to get to in the first place.

It all does make sense, but it is a show which demands close attention. Admittedly that isn't for someone seeking light(er) entertainment, which is fair enough but the fact that all the puzzle pieces fit by the end is what makes that show so satisfying for me. That's compared to other sci-fi mystery shows like (most notoriously) Lost, which add the plot twists and mysteries and then it turns out there never was a plan where to get to in the first place.

Spot on. 👍

Loving Space Force. I was expecting it to be one of those shows that you can't completely get behind because no one is likable, but it's not like that. Not completely, anyway. Cracking me up and also unexpectedly tender.

cries at Space Force

ffs! :)

John Malkovich's somewhat sardonic character Dr Adrian Mallory is growing on me.

Loving Space Force. I was expecting it to be one of those shows that you can't completely get behind because no one is likable, but it's not like that. Not completely, anyway. Cracking me up and also unexpectedly tender.

cries at Space Force

ffs! :)

John Malkovich's somewhat sardonic character Dr Adrian Mallory is growing on me.

I think S2 was actually better than 1. Had a bit more heart to it; the humour is still a bit hit and miss, but the characters are developing nicely. Yeah, loving Malkovich :D

I struggled with Dark too, the further along it got. It was a combo of having a shit short term memory to begin with, watching it tired, and watching it stoned. Like Thora, I had to keep referring to the wiki page to even begin to keep up with it.

This has reminded me to rewatch it all again though, because I did enjoy it.

I struggled with Dark too, the further along it got. It was a combo of having a shit short term memory to begin with, watching it tired, and watching it stoned. Like Thora, I had to keep referring to the wiki page to even begin to keep up with it.

This has reminded me to rewatch it all again though, because I did enjoy it.

It took me three watches to completely "get" all the characters and their various incarnations over time.
Worth it though.
Watched the whole lot again last weekend and loved it.
I particularly enjoyed the music.

For me if I have to watch something multiple times just for it to make sense, that doesn't really work. But I understand (genuinely) some people go for that so fair enough.

I think Sopranos is the only TV show I've ever watched again - just because I love it.

For me if I have to watch something multiple times just for it to make sense, that doesn't really work. But I understand (genuinely) some people go for that so fair enough.

I think Sopranos is the only TV show I've ever watched again - just because I love it.

Sopranos is brilliant...still.

It really is. And there are so many levels to it and clever references but at the same time it can just be enjoyed on a surface level too. Great writing and direction.

Vikings: Valhalla out now. It will cover the period from the St Brice's Day Massacre to (eventually) the Battle of Stamford Bridge. I checked the real history and there's lots of plot going on in there so should be good.

Vikings: Valhalla out now. It will cover the period from the St Brice's Day Massacre to (eventually) the Battle of Stamford Bridge. I checked the real history and there's lots of plot going on in there so should be good.

I still haven't started watching this series.
Must give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom