Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix recommendations

It's only got one more episode to be screened and is among the best reviewed drama series of last year.

I've managed to not see/read anything at all about it bar the review scores - looking forward to it.

Just finised episode 6 of Silent Sea. Must say, these crew members aren't very smart are they?

It was plain obvious why the Luna sample was sought so bad when the first guy died of the virus. With all the impossible amount of water pouring out of him, and the indications that all previous station members died of drowning, together with the shortage of water on earth and no radiation on the station, they all couldn't put two and three together. :facepalm: Also when the obligatory fifth column guy put the sample in the box to take them away and was caught; his explanation was that the captain asked them all to meet at a location. Yet, our two not so smart experts who walked in on him didn't feel it to ask the captain if this was true? :facepalm:

Had it on remind!

Have you started this yet?

I'm about half way and I think this is the best series so far. Very different from the others but just as engaging.

Lammers' Ferry is one of my favourite characters ever. Watch his expressions. Sometimes they're hilarious!

Oh no. I'm only two in and the bad science is distracting. Was hoping it would pick up. My wife and daughter are still very much on board so I think we can last eight episodes.

I've just realised I have three free weeks of prime so I can do some season six expanse on the side.
Wait a bit. Not all episodes of the final season are out yet. Would be a bummer to watch a few then realise your freebie subscription runs out before the end.

This is a fantastic film but I found it really hard to watch in places.
It was hard to watch. I was absolutely gripped by it though, even the camera angle was amazing, managed to convey

a sense of intimacy with Leda, like it was from her perspective, combined with the claustrophobia that comes with having small kids who just will not leave you alone

The Silent Sea is just shit isn't it. No idea what episode I'm on, but I'm bored shitless. Unfortunately my 14 year year old daughter thinks it's a gripping horror series and my wife thinks it's an intriguing mystery. I have to bite my tongue.

Why have we stopped watching Cobra Kai?

It was really good. And all the better for the fact that almost nothing happened
I don't really understand 'nothing happened', it was riddled with tension, ideas, associations, unsaid stuff, and more to the point, tackling complex and difficult issues

one of which almost never gets talked about - when women leave children. When men do it, it's socially acceptable, when women do it, they're worse than Hitler

I thought tons happened.

I don't really understand 'nothing happened', it was riddled with tension, ideas, associations, unsaid stuff, and more to the point, tackling complex and difficult issues

one of which almost never gets talked about - when women leave children. When men do it, it's socially acceptable, when women do it, they're worse than Hitler

I thought tons happened.

Well yes all that happened. But

I thought tons happened.
That's what I meant. Most of what happened related to the inner life.

The Cleanse.
Little indie flick with Anna Friel, Anjelica Hudson, John Galecki. . . .
Goes nowhere, explains nothing, no hidden moral. Not sure what the point was.
It's not funny, scary or creepy.

The Cleanse.
Little indie flick with Anna Friel, Anjelica Hudson, John Galecki. . . .
Goes nowhere, explains nothing, no hidden moral. Not sure what the point was.
It's not funny, scary or creepy.

Yeah now I know from comparing our likes and dislikes and comments in this forum that I have a far higher tolerance for the outright silly than you do, but I agree with this entirely - a complete "what did I just watch?" moment, followed by "and why?"
Too silly, while failing to be funny or scary.

(I felt like there was a point it was trying to make, and I am all for mocking weird health fads - which could have been decent but just for whatever reason didn't work well)

Yeah now I know from comparing our likes and dislikes and comments in this forum that I have a far higher tolerance for the outright silly than you do, but I agree with this entirely - a complete "what did I just watch?" moment, followed by "and why?"
Too silly, while failing to be funny or scary.

(I felt like there was a point it was trying to make, and I am all for mocking weird health fads - which could have been decent but just for whatever reason didn't work well)
I like outright silly and odd, unexpected left field films and TV. I don't have a high tolerance for poor script, bad editing, lazy plot. . . With some exceptions .

This film really looked like it was going somewhere, but it just ended. All plot points just stopped. Just like they gave up and ended the film. Understandable perhaps if it was low budget affair, but it was pretty much an all star cast, and something other than money must have drawn them to the project. There was no flair to the film making or script. If it had been a Coen brothers, Cronenberg or even Tarantio or Wes Anderson style flick, there might have been something in it with some appropriate adjustments. There was ample scope to have fun with the cinematography.
It plays straight. I don't think I can remember a film that fell so flat.

Werewolves within.

It has charms, but they’re mostly in the world-building of the quirky town, which should have made it a good series. Unfortunately it was an oddly paced film.

Back
Top Bottom