Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix recommendations

Just watched this! :eek: & :mad: & :( in equal measures!

It's worth it.

Woah, I actually don't know what I think :confused: that was completely batshit :eek: the only credible one was the girl herself, both her parents seemed completely self serving ... I'm not sure if I was supposed to be sorry for them, or respect them as fine upstanding members of the community, or see them as just really normal ... But I didn't identify with them at all and if anything they just came across as weak and really stupid... I don't care how well I knew someone if they told me that they needed to cure themselves of an attraction to young girls by laying in bed with a young girl I'd give them short shrift, not allow them to lay alone 4 times a week with my daughter :eek:

And the FBI, they didn't seem all that bothered, how can a 12yo give consent for anything?

Weird, really really weird!

I don't care how well I knew someone if they told me that they needed to cure themselves of an attraction to young girls by laying in bed with a young girl I'd give them short shrift, not allow them to lay alone 4 times a week with my daughter :eek:
Yeah that bit really did push the boundaries of any sort of credibility for the parents telling the whole story.

When Heroes Fly. I've been avoiding it for ages because I thought it'd be similar to Fauda (which is shit) but it's actually very good.

Okay, so on ep 5 of Titans, and it definitely does get better, I'm starting to enjoy it after a pretty shaky start, but the CGI is utterly atrocious, the tiger looks like it's made out of plasticine and the movements of the characters when they are being super is so unconvincing. They would have been better off using stop motion animation.

Okay, so on ep 5 of Titans, and it definitely does get better, I'm starting to enjoy it after a pretty shaky start, but the CGI is utterly atrocious, the tiger looks like it's made out of plasticine and the movements of the characters when they are being super is so unconvincing. They would have been better off using stop motion animation.
It is totally cheesy but I liked it!

so anyways just watched the final episode of the Punisher on netflix

and one of the sub plots of the series could of be resolved by doing one thing

Posting the fucking pictures on the interwebz suddenly no more psychotic pilgrim chasing them to recover them
and yes it would of stopped the guy being the president but why would they care before meeting him

I stopped watching this at the point where the girl's father said he wanked-off the kidnapper. The parents should've had some sense kicked into them and had their other children removed.
It's a weird one that isn't it? At what point would you wank off your mate in a car if he said he wasn't getting enough at home and needed some relief? Suspect the father is not telling the truth at all there.

A little late to Netflix, finallyccaved to join the couch potato masses, I haven't seen any of these famous series, and don't really have the time or patience or interest to go through any with many seasons and episodes.

Any recommendations for good thriller or horror movies or mini series, or any other New series worth a watch so I don't have to play catch up? Drama, comedy, psychological..

A little late to Netflix, finallyccaved to join the couch potato masses, I haven't seen any of these famous series, and don't really have the time or patience or interest to go through any with many seasons and episodes.

Any recommendations for good thriller or horror movies or mini series, or any other New series worth a watch so I don't have to play catch up? Drama, comedy, psychological..
Just keep checking this thread. People's recommendations come thick and fast!

How To Get Away With Murder was our guilty pleasure. It's pap, but it's compelling, well made pap.

A group of law students accidentally kill someone and cover it up with the help of their professor. The whole thing snowballs deliciously over 4 seasons as they get themselves into more and more shit and more and more people get killed.

Looking forward to S5.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but with a bit of know how and a VPN, you can get Netflix for as little as £2.30 a month via signing up on a Turkish account, and still watch regular UK shows. Check this out:

Netflix for £2.30 /Month - updated tutorial - hotukdeals
Just signed up with this using PureVPN and it seems to have worked.:thumbs:

I didn't previously have netflix, so I joined with a new account. I also get a month free.

Bird Box is certainly very watchable. Sci-fi/ horror film.

I finished You on Netflix. It was OK but just a few too many close scrapes narrowly avoided.

Is there a way to affect the algorithm? It keeps suggesting the same shows that I don't want to watch and nothing new.

I finished You on Netflix. It was OK but just a few too many close scrapes narrowly avoided.
We’re nearly though the 10th (second last) episode, and I can’t still make my mind up whether I want him to get away with it all or not... I guess that’s part of the appeal, and how the character was intended to come across.

I thought the episodes involving Peach were great though- I was certainly rooting for him then :D

I stumbled across Cockneys v's Zombies last night. Shaun of the dead but with Alan Ford and Richard Briers. If you've got an hour and a half to waste its quite funny.

Eta, I'd never heard of it before.

All series of 'Hardy Bucks' are up on Netflix. Enjoyable knock-about documentary-shtyle comedy set in rural Mayo. Cult classics in Ireland, but I don't think previously available in the UK in their entirety. The stories are fairly thin, but the language is terrific, particularly for those familiar with the Wesht.

Back
Top Bottom