Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Met Police post up "Organising a protest march or static demonstration" Twitter link

editor

hiraethified
Looking very much part of a showboating 'we warned 'em guv'nor but they wouldn't listen so we 'ad to go in 'ard' tactic' strategy, the Met Police have just posted up a link on Twitter to their 'Organising a protest march or static demonstration' page.

del.jpg

It says:
Organising a protest march

Organisers of public processions are required by law to notify police AT LEAST 6 DAYS BEFORE the event occurs, of the date, time, proposed route and the name and address of an organiser.

Completion of the form 3175 (to be found in the ‘Related publications box on this page) satisfies the legal requirement to notify police of a public procession under sections 11(1) and 11(3) of the Public Order Act 1986.

6 days is the MINIMUM PERIOD OF NOTICE. Organisers should try to give as much notice as possible.

If you wish to organise a protest march then please return the completed form 3175 to your local police station. These are available to download from this page in either PDF or Word formats.

Notification can also be made by sending your completed forms to MPS Event Planning.
http://content.met.police.uk/Articl...tic-demonstration/1400002380711/1400002380711
I bet they're polishing their batons right now.

Completion of the form 3175 (to be found in the ‘Related publications box on this page) satisfies the legal requirement to notify police of a public procession under sections 11(1) and 11(3) of the Public Order Act 1986.*

* On display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

There is no legal requirement to notify police that you wish to hold a static protest. However, it is very important that you do let the police know if you wish to do this and provide us with the following details

Shove the details up your arse.

"No officer, of course I'm not taking part in a protest march or static demonstration. I was just out for an evening stroll when I happened to bump into a few thousand old mates, many of whom I haven't seen since we similarly all bumped into one another right here almost exactly 23 years ago. What are the chances, eh?"

"No officer, of course I'm not taking part in a protest march or static demonstration. I was just out for an evening stroll when I happened to bump into a few thousand old mates, many of whom I haven't seen since we similarly all bumped into one another right here almost exactly 23 years ago. What are the chances, eh?"
Happens all the time in London, especially the West End as the weather gets warmer. tbf, the other people won't all be my mates, just mates of mates, like most happy gatherings. I won't be with any protesters. I hear they're a grumpy bunch.

Just tell them you're taking Eric Pickle's advice -
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bureaucracy-for-summer-fetes-overruled-by-eric-pickles

Communities Secretary Mr Pickles, said:
Fetes, street parties and fairs should be fun, and everyone’s energy needs to go into the fun part - not trawling through endless reams of guidance and dusty rules.
I want to banish the myths around laws preventing people from putting on events.
So there is still time for you to get together with your neighbours this summer. Your council may be able to help you close a road for a proper street party. If not, you can hold something in a garden or even the park. It’s your community, so celebrate it.

Looking very much part of a showboating 'we warned 'em guv'nor but they wouldn't listen so we 'ad to go in 'ard' tactic' strategy, the Met Police have just posted up a link on Twitter to their 'Organising a protest march or static demonstration' page.

View attachment 31330

It says:

I bet they're polishing their batons right now.
Who said anything about a procession?

Being ticked off by coppers as I'm minding my own business in town really winds me up. During the student demos they diverted all the buses and advised people not to get off for their own safety. I walk everywhere when I'm in zone one and have never felt unsafe even when yobbish hoodlums are in the vicinity. I had to walk all the way home during the 2011 'riots' and was frequently told to "get off the streets". Which I did when I finally got home after a long and peaceful stroll.
Bossy aggressive people in uniforms are very annoying. The more official advice I get the more I feel like indulging in some 'street drinking' and wasting police time. I might take advantage of the presence on the streets and spend a lot of time politely asking officers for directions to the official celebrations being announced in the newspapers.

Being ticked off by coppers as I'm minding my own business in town really winds me up. During the student demos they diverted all the buses and advised people not to get off for their own safety. I walk everywhere when I'm in zone one and have never felt unsafe even when yobbish hoodlums are in the vicinity. I had to walk all the way home during the 2011 'riots' and was frequently told to "get off the streets". Which I did when I finally got home after a long and peaceful stroll.
Bossy aggressive people in uniforms are very annoying. The more official advice I get the more I feel like indulging in some 'street drinking' and wasting police time. I might take advantage of the presence on the streets and spend a lot of time politely asking officers for directions to the official celebrations being announced in the newspapers.

:D

Back
Top Bottom