Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is no one is pretending it is a neutral descriptive term like Larry is.

I didn't claim it is neutral, I claimed it is descriptive. As for neutrality, it's not like I haven't invited editor to provide another term if he feels it not to be "neutral" (whatever that is) enough. He chose not to.

I didn't claim it is neutral, I claimed it is descriptive. As for neutrality, it's not like I haven't invited editor to provide another term if he feels it not to be "neutral" (whatever that is) enough. He chose not to.
Plenty of people have suggested descriptive terms you have refused to use.

Plenty of people have suggested descriptive terms you have refused to use.

Such as? The only one I've seen that even comes close was "non-meat eater" which doesn't work because everyone eats non-meat things, it would have to be "non-(meat eater)" which is way too clunky with the brackets.

Such as? The only one I've seen that even comes close was "non-meat eater" which doesn't work because everyone eats non-meat things, it would have to be "non-(meat eater)" which is way too clunky with the brackets.
But is perfectly suitable for the threads needs and is used elsewhere that way. Vegigan includes people eating steak so it doesn't really do the job.

Tell you what, go away and come back with some other options. Then start a thread with a poll to see which meets with most favour. Then we can proceed with terminology all can agree on.

Tell you what, go away and come back with some other options. Then start a thread with a poll to see which meets with most favour. Then we can proceed with terminology all can agree on.

I don't see why I should bother with any of that. You are free to proceed with whatever terminology you want, as am I.

It's getting to me...all the fighting about food. I cant go out to shops right now and am limited to 80 items for the 4 people living here and cocooning.
The most filling meals include either meat or eggs and beans or lentils.
So I am cooking home made beef burgers today as the only meal we will have..with homemade chips and some vegetables.
It's a matter of filling stomachs with food that will keep us going.

At this stage I dont care about veganism or vegetarianism or carnivorism...I just want people fed and well nourished within the weekly guide of 80 items.

A quick Google brings up This for vegan from 2010. A vegetarian bulletin board where most of the vegetarians don't have a problem with the term vegan. It would appear it's just a few sensitive souls on here that do. :D

And from that thread:
I don't see anyone adopting the poster's makey uppey word and that's why it died an immediate death ten years ago.
Making up your own term is probably a lot more confusing to others than just using the correct one!
I do not approve of this "vegegan" term.
think the more appropriate term is 'dietary vegan'
I would say vegetarian or strict vegetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom