Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pains me that I have to point this out to what should be grown adults, but on these boards posters must refer to other posters by their user names and employing derogatory nicknames is not just pathetically childish, but it is against the board rules, as is ignoring the terms of enforced mutual ignore.

It pains me that I have to point this out to what should be grown adults, but on these boards posters must refer to other posters by their user names and employing derogatory nicknames is not just pathetically childish, but it is against the board rules, as is ignoring the terms of enforced mutual ignore.
I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but we are all aware that ddraig uses 'fragile carnist' to describa all meat eaters, and we're OK with that, but if you want to give him a warning...

I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but we are all aware that ddraig uses 'fragile carnist' to describa all meat eaters, and we're OK with that, but if you want to give him a warning...
That's not the same thing AT ALL, as well you know, so you of all people - a banned poster who sneaked back in without having the courtesy or respect to check with the mods first - should know that now is not the time to get clever with smart-arse irrelevant bullshit.

I've made you aware of the rules. Feel free to break them if you like and see what happens.

That's not the same thing AT ALL, as well you know, so you of all people - a banned poster who sneaked back in without having the courtesy or respect to check with the mods first - should know that now is not the time to get clever with smart-arse irrelevant bullshit.

I've made you aware of the rules. Feel free to break them if you like and see what happens.
The last bastion.
Why do you do this? Why can't you simply engage in a discussion, without unneccessary threats?

The last bastion.
Why do you do this? Why can't you simply engage in a discussion, without unneccessary threats?
People call each other cunts every day here. However, a group of people trying to antagonise one individual poster by referring to him/her by a derogatory name is against the rules.

So why did you think you could pipe in here and try to give me a patronising lecture on the board rules, which you clearly have no understanding or respect for?

People call each other cunts every day here. However, a group of people trying to antagonise one individual poster by referring to him/her by a derogatory name is against the rules.

So why did you think you could pipe in here and try to give me a patronising lecture on the board rules, which you clearly have no understanding or respect for?
Why do you feel you can constantly hang something over my head, and threaten me with a ban on its basis? Do you not think that might possibly stifle contributions? Or is that your intention?

Why do you feel you can constantly hang something over my head, and threaten me with a ban on its basis?
The ban was only 'threatened' if you continued to break the rule that was patiently explained to you and everyone else. The same rule (and banning process) would apply to every other poster on this board too so you're not particularly special.

How many other boards do you think would tolerate your behaviour, by the way?

Perhaps Saul Goodman you could point out that ddraig doesn't call me a cunt but "Cunty", and has done for years. Something quite different and far more insulting than anything I refer to him as.

Just a random selection. There are many more:

cunty the cap doffer :rolleyes:
what about everyone else you clueless cunty cockwomble?
Can u stop pissing with my username please cunty
e2a nice insult cunty
What's a spawk when it's at home cunty?
And bees you can fuck off with your reeling and cunty with your :D
Proper meathead willy waving and shite going on now, as well as the carnist fragility obvs
complete cunty hypocrite
i know it's satire but still asking you why it's funny
you're not in the cunty bee spy gang?
yeah, and he's making him self look cunty all over again
why the winky smiley cunty?
not the pathetic abuse no, showing your cunty true colours
I'm asking another poster to back up their post so fuck off cunty
I'm gonna sort some records out to play at an engerlish mate's party who will no doubt be celebrating so off now
well done cunty for displaying how much of a cunt you can be, yet again

I don't care. I don't think I've ever reported any of these. But it's a bit rich pulling me for calling him Penfold given the circumstances, no?

Last edited:
The ban was only 'threatened' if you continued to break the rule that was patiently explained to you and everyone else. The same rule (and banning process) would apply to every other poster on this board too so you're not particularly special.

How many other boards do you think would tolerate your behaviour, by the way?
My behaviour? My behaviour? WTF have I done that would warrant an unprovoked banning threat?
You've already banned me from this thread for something you invented. You didn't have the guts to back down and admit that you were wrong, so you upheld the banning. Why don't you just say that you're the all fucking powerful, and anything you say goes?
Quit hanging shit over my head. It really isn't very becoming. I'm engaging in a proper discussion here, if you're not winning, don't hold that over me.

Perhaps Saul Goodman you could point out that ddraig doesn't call me a cunt but "Cunty", and has done for years. Something quite different and far more insulting than anything I refer to him as and he's been doing so for a while.

I don't care. I don't think I've ever reported any of these. But it's a bit rich pulling me for calling him Penfold given the circumstances, no?
It doesn't matter if ddraig calls anyone anything. He's a good vegan, and furthers the cause. But don't you dare call him anything in return!

It's a horror story all around - workers forced to work in high risk environments and hundreds of thousands of animals being cruelly slaughtered every week.

COVID-19 has exposed the flaws in a centralised food system controlled by a few giant corporations. To be resilient to shocks, we need food systems to be diverse, small scale and local.

With so many links in our just-in-time food supply chain – from producer, to grader, to packer, to wholesaler, to regional distributor, to supermarket, and eventually to your plate – it takes one break and the whole system backs up. And right now it’s like a multi-car pile up.

The world’s biggest meat companies – including Smithfield Foods Inc, Cargill Inc, JBS USA and Tyson Foods Inc – have halted operations at about 20 slaughterhouses and processing plants in North America since April as workers fall ill from Covid19, stoking global fears of a meat shortage with daily production cut by 25%. With the loss of meat packing plants, thousands of already fattened pigs remain on American and Canadian farms.

There is no room for ‘waiting’ in the factory farming world, time is money after all, pigs are but a commodity. So it means that 200,000 pigs are being culled in Minnesota, the second biggest hog producing state in the US. Iowa, the largest, could face killing 700,000 every week. The farmers are forced to inject the sows to make them abort their litters, or euthanising the piglets, usually by agonising suffocation with carbon dioxide. The bodies of the ‘euthanised’ are composted and will become fertilizer at a time when the US is in a crisis that has idled millions of workers and forced many to rely on food banks. Killing animals for no purpose exposes the intrinsic risks in our global food system.

A representative from Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest pork producer, said they had two options in this crisis; “to continue to operate and sustain the nation’s food supply” or to shut their plants to “insulate employees from risk”. The fact is that the plants’ working conditions have allowed the COVID-19 virus to spread in employee populations because of their failure to sufficiently increase PPE or improve working conditions.

“One reason the North American industry is so efficient is we can produce a lot of meat in a short amount of time,” said Chad Hart, an agricultural economist at Iowa State University. “To do that you need a lot of employees working very closely together. So the same characteristics that make our industry efficient are also what this virus preys upon.”

And yes it's clearly not the most unbiased of sources but they do back up their points:

Perhaps Saul Goodman you could point out that ddraig doesn't call me a cunt but "Cunty", and has done for years. Something quite different and far more insulting than anything I refer to him as.

Does this date from that time about a decade ago when your oh logged on to call you cunty (your name). I remember that. Good times

I couldn’t help but chuckle at those quotes you’ve listed :D

Penfold is an obsessive psychopath. He's had a thing about me for years. :hmm:

I clicked on one of those quotes and it took me to this thread:

Literally laughed out loud numerous times. Will definitely be clicking on other quotes too :)

I clicked on one of those quotes and it took me to this thread:

Literally laughed out loud numerous times. Will definitely be clicking on other quotes too :)
Seeing as it's clear no one has the slightest interest in discussing the topic of this thread and it's now just filling up with inane drivel and old beef, I'm closing it.

Anyone looking to continue more of the same shit elsewhere should be advised that such conduct will most certainly breach the rules here and result in warnings and/or a ban if they continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom