Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to communicate and share your fascinating insights, it's usually advisable to use words that actually exist and ones that people understand and don't find offensive/annoying/ugly/twatty. But if you want to keep on sounding like a twat parroting your makey-uppey word, feel free - and I'll judge you accordingly.
tbf if you're going to get your makey-uppy word to stick, you've got to keep using it. Blokey who coined 'vegan' knew that well enough.

It's not even my makey-uppy word, I just took it from someone earlier in the thread when a term for the union of "vegan" and "vegetarian" was needed.
That's the process. Blokey who is down in history as coining 'vegan' is thought to have taken it from a friend initially.

You may not have coined it, but you could just be the one who ensures its spread. I'd advise taking it out into the wider internet to see how it reproduces.

That's the process. Blokey who is down in history as coining 'vegan' is thought to have taken it from a friend initially.

You may not have coined it, but you could just be the one who ensures its spread. I'd advise taking it out into the wider internet to see how it reproduces.

That would be irrational. I used the term to save me keystrokes since I had to refer to the set of vegigans several times in a post and I didn't want to write out the full "vegans and vegetarians" every time. In order for it to save me keystrokes in this thread all that's required is that the people I converse to in this thread understand its definition. Me going out into the wider internet would cost me keystrokes whilst not saving me any here.

That would be irrational. I used the term to save me keystrokes since I had to refer to the set of vegigans several times in a post and I didn't want to write out the full "vegans and vegetarians" every time. In order for it to save me keystrokes in this thread all that's required is that the people I converse to in this thread understand its definition. Me going out into the wider internet would cost me keystrokes whilst not saving me any here.
You're not thinking big enough. You've a whole lifetime of keystrokes to consider. Get this to stick and you'll never have to write 'vegetarians and vegans' ever again.

There is also the public service aspect of this to consider. It's not just about your keystrokes.

This is the fate the befalls all threads about veganism and the meat industry sadly.
This isn't true at all. There've been some excellent discussions about both on here. Just not usually on threads specifically designed to needle another group of people with deliberately provocative titles.

You're not thinking big enough. You've a whole lifetime of keystrokes to consider. Get this to stick and you'll never have to write 'vegetarians and vegans' ever again.

No it still doesn't work out to less keystrokes even with some generous assumptions.

There is also the public service aspect of this to consider.

No idea why I should care about how many keystrokes others want to save.

New terms are being defined all the time which aren't in the dictionary. You know, like: let "vegigan" be the complement of "meat eater." That you still can't understand that definition, even when being linked to the definition of the term "complement" is hardly my fault. Perhaps ask someone to explain it to you?
Sorry to break the news to you, but no matter how many times you keep repeating it, that crappy, ugly world really isn't going to catch on in any kind of meaningful way. 😂

Yes you are. I find the word offensive because I know the dismissive, patronising context in which it's being employed, and the motives behind the people who are desperately trying to make it 'stick' here. If you want a grown-up debate, stop acting like a fucking infant and using makey-uppey words designed to belittle people with different views to you.
As it was me that coined the word vegigan I fully know how it was intended. As I've previously explained I have no problem with anyone who is vegetarian or vegan. Some vegigans on these boards have had tantrums in the past when someone has called them vegetarian when they are vegan and vice versa so it was coined to avoid the ballache of having to type vegetarian / vegan all the time to avoid upsetting the more sensitive of you. So don't go putting words ( or definitions ) in my mouth as it makes you look a dick.

Well it’s being overlooked by at least one person. Meat eaters get called fragile carnists for years with nary a word mentioned but “vegigans” is jumped on instantly.
What I mean is no one is pretending it is a neutral descriptive term like Larry is.

As it was me that coined the word vegigan I fully know how it was intended. As I've previously explained I have no problem with anyone who is vegetarian or vegan. Some vegigans on these boards have had tantrums in the past when someone has called them vegetarian when they are vegan and vice versa so it was coined to avoid the ballache of having to type vegetarian / vegan all the time to avoid upsetting the more sensitive of you. So don't go putting words ( or definitions ) in my mouth as it makes you look a dick.
All those 'tantrums,' eh?

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom