Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been good if they could give the live chickens away.

Yeah, seems such a waste and brutal way to kill them. I was thinking they could freeze them, but guess they’ve gone for the cheapest option to cull.

Honestly don't understand why nitrogen isn't used more often. Nitrogen is a primary component of the atmosphere so it can't be that expensive, surely? It's non-toxic, and there's no chance of workers accidentally getting electrocuted or injuring themselves with a captive bolt gun. Nitrogen asphyxiation doesn't induce the panicky responses that normal suffocation does, as I understand it's the buildup of CO2 in the bloodstream which does that.

If I was a chicken farmer I'd just let them go. I mean they'll probably get eaten by something or other, get run over or starve or whatever, but they're gonna die in a very horrible way anyway so give them a chance and leave your conscience a bit cleaner. Killing for food is one thing, killing cos you don't want to pay for the feed is something else and must weigh heavy on them, it would on me. What harm can a few chickens on the run do anyway, maybe eat some corn or something.

You never know, they might thrive in the wild, like those horses in blackwood or wherever it is. Roam free little chickens.

Might be easier just to admit you were wrong. An industrial meat-processing machine is not the same as a 'wood chipper.'
The end result would be pretty identical though.

if I took a tonne of squirrel and shredded half of it and chipped the other half I bet you £20 you wouldn’t be able to tell which was chipped versus which was shredded

if I took a tonne of squirrel and shredded half of it and chipped the other half I bet you £20 you wouldn’t be able to tell which was chipped versus which was shredded
I doubt the squirrels would have a preference either. To them I doubt it matters much whether they’re shredded or chipped.

What a world where letting them out into the wild is prohibited but gassing/foaming to a long drawn out miserable death or making their organs pop is alright.
I
I doubt the squirrels would have a preference either. To them I doubt it matters much whether they’re shredded or chipped.
Here is a video of industrial shredder!

Like said, it might be easier just to admit you were wrong. :rolleyes:

Well if you want to feed them in and the last thing you'd hear from thousands of them would be them screaming "this is a wood chipper you fuckers"

Well if you want to feed them in and the last thing you'd hear from thousands of them would be them screaming "this is a wood chipper you fuckers"
That would probably depend on the setting of the wood chipper and how quick you fed them through. If you had it on full speed and loaded them in with a shovel it would all happen too fast for them to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom