Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Matthew Wright=smug c0nt

keep pedalling the spin bignose, I have the cut of your cloth and no amount of weft editing can distract me from your looming warp of punnery

What a fuss over nothing ffs

Not really. He behaved very insensitively about a very recent murder on national tv. Family and friends, including the father, saw it and we'ee naturally very upset, so complained. The father's online comments were deleted by channel 5 and when informed of the complaints, Wright said that the complainers should 'grow' up. He was forced to apologise.

Not really. He behaved very insensitively about a very recent murder on national tv. Family and friends, including the father, saw it and we'ee naturally very upset, so complained. The father's online comments were deleted by channel 5 and when informed of the complaints, Wright said that the complainers should 'grow' up. He was forced to apologise.

He's clearly making a joke about Scotland/The Hebrides rather than a teenage boy being murdered, anyone with half a brain can tell the difference in context, but some people just love to get themselves outraged over stuff and over-examine things....

He's clearly making a joke about Scotland/The Hebrides rather than a teenage boy being murdered, anyone with half a brain can tell the difference in context, but some people just love to get themselves outraged over stuff and over-examine things....

what and you can't see how the kid's family and friends, as well as the population of that and other islands, might find it offensive?

And Taggart was set in Glasgow hundreds of miles away... so Wright's comments are a bit like taking the piss out of a murder on the Scilly Isles in a mock Cockernee twang - infantile and just plain wrong.

Exactly my point, worse things happen at sea, there's far more offensive drivel peddled on TV daily than the kind of piss-poor quips made on The Wright Stuff.

Fuss over nothing.

Imagine if your daughter has just been murdered and you're watching a live tv show in which someone is reading out a report of her death and the presenter starts merrily chanting 'there's been a murder!' in a silly voice and chortling loudly at his own wit

I thought his live 'apology' was worse than the initial joke.

His show - it's an alternative to The Jeremy Kyle Show - kinda like Daily Mirror instead of The Sun...

Covered this on regional news, I think the trying to wear the "I'm subject to a media witchunt" badge doesn't work when the complaints are coming from the murdered kid's family and members of his community. That they haven't had to deal with this type of thing for 40 years might explain explain why they are jarred by a Londoner being pithy. I think they will win their OFCOM

to be honest his joke is the kind of stupid joke you might make to your friends but not really the sort of thing you should be saying on live television.

to be honest his joke is the kind of stupid joke you might make to your friends but not really the sort of thing you should be saying on live television.
A bit like the texts that people started sending within a half hour of Gary Speeds suicide which I didnt like even though they were sent kind of in-jokey, although I was more philosophical about Socrates'

I thought his live 'apology' was worse than the initial joke.

His show - it's an alternative to The Jeremy Kyle Show - kinda like Daily Mirror instead of The Sun...
Me too. He said to the people who "reported him to ofcom to Grow up folks" considering that is probably the teenagers family, he is just a total bellend.

Back
Top Bottom