Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I got you for, I'm not an investigative journalist.... or a researcher. Do you believe everything your told or read??? Do you have have to research everything you read?

You should at least try to verify it or you might end up spreading false news which can be very dangerous.

Thats what I got you for, I'm not an investigative journalist.... or a researcher. Do you believe everything your told or read??? Do you have have to research everything you read?
You learn to strike a balance between trusting credible sources and following up on those that seem less reliable. It is always tempting to regard "credible" as "has opinions I agree with" and vice versa, so a little extra critical thinking is needed in order to strive towards a more objective viewpoint when deciding.

That last bit is usually where conspiracy theorists fall down.

Hmm ok here's my first introduction from the early 80's I was told not to believe that rubbish by several so called experts, as these CONSPIRACY THEORIES were floating around on USENET and were just fairy stories (at the time)...

There are loads of others, but hey I'm no EXPERT such as yourselves.

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB2/index.html
The Contras, Cocaine, and U.S. Covert Operations

Documentation of Official U.S. Knowledge of Drug Trafficking and the Contras

The National Security Archive obtained the hand-written notebooks of Oliver North, the National Security Council aide who helped run the contra war and other Reagan administration covert operations, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed in 1989. The notebooks, as well as declassified memos sent to North, record that North was repeatedly informed of contra ties to drug trafficking.

Just because Someone is right about "X" does not mean they're right about everything.

Like your friend who said that every terrorist attack is a false flag. If you scream "oh my god conspiracy!" About everything eventually by the law of averages something will be amiss with one of them.

You learn to strike a balance between trusting credible sources and following up on those that seem less reliable. It is always tempting to regard "credible" as "has opinions I agree with" and vice versa, so a little extra critical thinking is needed in order to strive towards a more objective viewpoint when deciding.

That last bit is usually where conspiracy theorists fall down.
Their 'research' usually involves a circle jerk of bonkers websites all making evidence free claims. You've got a greater chance of getting closer to the truth of any given topic by looking at a potato.

Just because Someone is right about "X" does not mean they're right about everything.

It's not that some one is right about X though.It's an interlocking number of serious research projects with credible sources understanding of the info the sources reveal and what that information means and an analysis established on the basis of these prerequisites that means we know about these things. Not just some plonker on youtube making a lucky guess.

It's not that some one is right about X though.It's an interlocking number of serious research projects with credible sources understanding of the info the sources reveal and what that information means and an analysis established on the basis of these prerequisites that means we know about these things. Not just some plonker on youtube making a lucky guess.

Quite. I was more referring to the fact that Icke or Jones scream "conspiracy" at every world event. And then when something like Iran Contra is exposed they announce their vindication.

Sort of like someone firing wildly into the side of a barn and then painting a bullseye around were the bullets land to "prove" their accuracy.

Apart from all the other reasons that's bollox: Arithmetic error!

Did no-one writing that headline ask themselves: "Er, why is it called the G20"?

(And I just spotted that they don't know the difference between O and 0.)

Fucking classic conspiraloonery. Excitement of "knowing" Something Secret overwhelms any connection to or concern about the world. And Iran-Contra was never a conspiracy theory: it was properly-researched reportage all the way.

Last edited:
Apart from all the other reasons that's bollox: Arithmetic error!

Did no-one writing that headline ask themselves: "Er, why is it called the G20"?

As well you know, there is no arithmetical error in the headline or in the article, even if neither meets your high standards of elegant prose.

During an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, Bono revealed he'd written a song for veteran Italian blues and rock singer Zucchero Fornaciari but had decided to reclaim and release it as The Streets of Surrender.

In other words, it's a load of throwaway cobblers but he couldn't be arsed to do a new one.

Every man has two cities he needs to be: The one he can touch and the one he can't see.
Check your male urban-centric privilege. What about those in rural areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom