Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester City 22/23

twistedAM

Left Of The Dial
The defending champions.
Two new centre forwards in Haaland and Alvarez.
Sad to see Jesus go though.
Not sure what will happen but previous years have shown that players like Mahrez, Rodri and Grealish have taken a lot of time to bed in.
Some team could get a jump start and we'll be playing catch up all season.

selling both zinchenko and jesus to a direct rival, and sterling to another, could come back to bite us on the arse

So, Haaland looked really good but the other two up front (Foden, Grealish) need to do better. Thankfully Gundogan and De Bruyne provided some decent service.
Must admit I never saw Haaland play much previously and thought we might just be a sharp-eyed hulk but the lad tracks back well which is an essential for Guardiola.

As was pointed out on our forum, City seemed to be playing in FGR kit from three or four seasons back. Nice to see our green message extending to recycling our old kit at the highest level.

On a couple of occasions Foden, moving right to left near the edge of the box, didn't pass that central through ball to Haaland that KdB later did. It looks to be a killer move as defenders can't muscle him so easily off the ball & are fearful of bringing him down.
Seems I'm alone in finding that kit a shocker, nearly as bad as the bright rhubarb & custard one.

On a couple of occasions Foden, moving right to left near the edge of the box, didn't pass that central through ball to Haaland that KdB later did. It looks to be a killer move as defenders can't muscle him so easily off the ball & are fearful of bringing him down.
Seems I'm alone in finding that kit a shocker, nearly as bad as the bright rhubarb & custard one.
It's just way bland whereas the rhubarb and custard was a really crap version of Barca's (crap) tequila sunrise.
I quite like the red and black second kit with the diagonal stripes.

Just one goal on Saturday. He's going downhill fast.
68 minutes, goal drought. The lad is different class entirely - height of Crouch, jump of Ronaldo, pace of (pre-injury) Owen, goalscoring sense of Shearer and Lineker combined, build and physicality (and haircut) of Ibrahimovic.

It must be great to be a City fan. Well over a decade ago they first had a diminutive left footed magician called Silva pulling the strings in midfield; David may have moved on, but after a few years serving as his apprentice from out wide Bernardo is basically a seamless continuation. KDB, Foden and Haaland may get more headlines but I reckon Silva is up there with them, wonderful player to watch.

KDB, fuck me. Just absolutely fuck me.

(One where I simply can't work out how to put this in text without it being massively open to wilful misinterpretation :( :D )

Just after the Community Shield game, Liverpool fans and the media were speculating that Nunez was going to be a better buy than our new forward.
Seems Julian Alvarez is proving them wrong.

Back
Top Bottom