Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mad Paul Mason

I read somewhere there are around 100 seats with no candidate.

100-110, with some of those decided but not publicly announced yet. Maybe around 80 left when those are taken into consideration. And it sounds like the undecided ones are mostly in seats that arent considered battlegrounds.

Hey, lefties! Vote Labour or the cat gets it.
First, that there is no route to power for a progressive party in the UK without winning substantial numbers of working-class voters from a group pollsters describe as the ‘patriotic left’ – aka the Red Wall. Second, that growth strategies based on borrowing, taxing and spending are currently precluded by the mixture of high bond yields and high inflation, triggered by the Covid pandemic and the Russia-Ukraine war.

When we launched Starmer’s leadership campaign in January 2020, we knew Labour would need to prioritise winning back the Red Wall through a policy mix combining economic radicalism and with mainstream positions on crime, migration and defence.
My bold. "Mainstream?"

Hey, lefties! Vote Labour or the cat gets it.

My bold. "Mainstream?"
Fuck me, the man can't keep a consistent position for two sentences in a row. "[G]rowth strategies based on borrowing, taxing and spending are currently precluded... Labour would need to prioritise... economic radicalism." Is he in favour of the kind of economic radicalism that doesn't involve spending any money on anything, then?

Fuck me, the man can't keep a consistent position for two sentences in a row. "[G]rowth strategies based on borrowing, taxing and spending are currently precluded... Labour would need to prioritise... economic radicalism." Is he in favour of the kind of economic radicalism that doesn't involve spending any money on anything, then?
Expropriating the top hundred enterprises and all landlords.

I see no radicalism; merely more of the same neoliberal economic dogma.

" Radical Dialectic Progressive Realism

So embarrassing. He hasn't even got the excuse of towing the line to get a seat now. Doubling down, for what purpose? Been promised / hoping for some sort of role in new government?
His own arms-length policy unit (Think Silo? Ideas Incubator? People's Laboratory?), and playing dress-up as a sort of Dominic Cummings figure, only nobody gives him their real telephone number

Back
Top Bottom