Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2022

They don't term themselves "the" anything, and you're not required to call it "the" anything. In fact as I understand it they specifically changed their name from The London Anarchist Bookfair to Anarchist Bookfair in London to avoid suggesting they're "the". Regardless, I'm not commenting on whether people are correct or incorrect to feel aggrieved, I'm saying don't do petty shit like the above which wastes people's time and energy when they're trying to put an event on.

They don't term themselves "the" anything, and you're not required to call it "the" anything. In fact as I understand it they specifically changed their name from The London Anarchist Bookfair to Anarchist Bookfair in London to avoid suggesting they're "the". Regardless, I'm not commenting on whether people are correct or incorrect to feel aggrieved, I'm saying don't do petty shit like the above which wastes people's time and energy when they're trying to put an event on.
You might want to check that.

You might want to check that.
Okay looks like a small "the" was added to their flyers for whatever reason, but also note the actual name of the website, Facebook page etc. Is your assumption that they're claiming to be "the" exclusive and singular Bookfair backed by any public claim they've made or is it just the fact they exist at all? Have they sent round heavies to stop anyone else from doing a London event? And if not, what justification do you have for making it more difficult for them to do theirs?

Huh, I see Manchester has a flyer sorted already:
1657732088803.png
Also, Peterborough has a somewhat less flashy flyer:
1657732138204.png

Okay looks like a small "the" was added to their flyers for whatever reason, but also note the actual name of the website, Facebook page etc. Is your assumption that they're claiming to be "the" exclusive and singular Bookfair backed by any public claim they've made or is it just the fact they exist at all? Have they sent round heavies to stop anyone else from doing a London event? And if not, what justification do you have for making it more difficult for them to do theirs?
I
Fucking hell but you're a knob.

Have they sent round heavies to stop anyone else from doing a London event? And if not, what justification do you have for making it more difficult for them to do theirs?

I’m assuming that the new book fair crowd aren’t entirely unconnected from the ones ‘boycotting’ the previous organisers which encouraged them to cease organising it.
Not sure about others but I haven’t forgotten this fact.

And as they themselves made it difficult for the previous organisers you’ll get a massive shoulder shrug from me if elements decide to take the piss with them.

I’m assuming that the new book fair crowd aren’t entirely unconnected from the ones ‘boycotting’ the previous organisers which encouraged them to cease organising it.
That's a big assumption... Or do you know?
Assumption then fact in your post

Last edited:
Fucking hell but you're a knob.
Probably, but given you're currently the one casting aspersions on people you don't know, that you can't back up, to justify shit behaviour I'm fairly relaxed about hearing it from you.

Last edited:
That's a big assumption... Or do you know?

It isn’t difficult to ascertain, is it? The ones boycotting are doing so with political differences with the organisers but seemingly have no political differences with the new organisers.
Maybe there’s some kind of magic happening or, more likely, the culture wars warriors are steering anarchism away from its intended destination.

I think there's a saying about assumptions, some sort of family thing ...

(I'm not going to go into details for the sake of satisfying this rubbernecking lark, but no, the organisers of the Bookfair very much are not the same people.)

Back
Top Bottom