Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist bookfair 2020

I’m not sure this speculation is helpful. So obviously I will now add to it. :D

AK, Active and PM are based outside of London afaik. So they may not have been invited cos of wanting to cut down on travel / COVID exposure, which is something the organisers have said they were doing. Unless anyone knows different.

(We know there was disquiet about the Active banner in the past but they are also under new management now.)

ACG and Martin are based in London (Or have members here rather for ACG). So that is different. Probably there are more though. (Dunno if HSG applied for a stall or not).

Who published the two on the right? Nice to see that the CWO are primmies now, anyway.

As far as AK/Active/PM go, it was my understanding that Rhyddical had said that they weren't banned:
My understanding is that it's a case of capacity and covid-19 things as it is for certain other ommisions, it's a shame we wont have proper stalls for AK and Active etc tho I think their stuff will be on tables.

Stalls will also be smaller this year due for much the same reason and stall holders limited to 2 per table.

I don't think any organisation which is Transpobic by it's nature applied for a stall, that would be weird.
I would also guess the wobs weren't there for "innocent", non-beef-related reasons, but then idk how London or its bookfairs work.

Asked for a stall but were declined and told why? Or like the ACG was not not-invited, but when they asked for a stall and then were just not responded to, and then found out second hand from other group that they weren't welcome. That kind of mature and comradely not-invited or another kind?

Lots were noticible by their absence, some proper bookfair stalwarts of decades were not there.
It was nice to see old pals and Martin did his bit on my bench so good. Missed Ian Bone’s speech. Apparently at the same time as Martin’s. The on off feud continues. It’s been decades.
Not much else to say other than it was thirty eight years ago I attended my first bookfair at Conway Hall. Fair play for providing it free to the organisers.

Ms Bedlam had some left over cakes from work whcih she gave to the lovely people selling tea/coffee. Apparently the cakes went quickly.

Back
Top Bottom