Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist bookfair 2020

Thinking about it, are Chumbawamba actually the best example of a longstanding, stable UK anarchist project that managed to last for a considerable period of time without splintering into fractions that hate each other? 🤔 Or is this another point I'm about to be disappointed on?
Yes.

Thinking about it, are Chumbawamba actually the best example of a longstanding, stable UK anarchist project that managed to last for a considerable period of time without splintering into fractions that hate each other? 🤔 Or is this another point I'm about to be disappointed on?
Last I heard Wamba was no longer on speaking terms with Chumba. That may just be a rumour.

Could be worse. Have you seen the state of the Green Party's leadership election?
On a fairly regular basis, I read something and think "I am so happy I have no idea what this is referring to", and right now is one of those times. (I do also fairly regularly think "Why the fuck do I know this, what purpose is served by this taking up space in my brain?", me being able to guess which Leedser Pickman's was vaguing earlier was one of those.)

It certainly lacks the, er, 'energy' of an Anarchist spat, but is no less shit for it.
This is now making me imagine Natalie Bennett squaring up to some confused punter at whatever the Green Party equivalent of an Oi Polloi gig is: Here, you knock about with that Brighton Caroline, don't you? You can tell her from me that I know it was her who wrote that fucking indymedia comment calling me a grass!

This is now making me imagine Natalie Bennett squaring up to some confused punter at whatever the Green Party equivalent of an Oi Polloi gig is: Here, you knock about with that Brighton Caroline, don't you? You can tell her from me that I know it was her who wrote that fucking indymedia comment calling me a grass!

More likely someone will be pointedly getting served Waitrose 'Everyday Essentials' Hummous at the next Branch dinner party rather than usual Duchy Organics.

There was an old anarchist from Leeds.
Who griped and moaned as he peed.
"My piles make me stumble.
And my eyes make me fumble."
But it could be much worse,
At least I'm not in that there London."

Last 2 lines need some work, 7/10 for effort.
There was a young anarchist called Paul
Who just wanted to book a stall
He sent them many a long missive
Only to be shunned by the collective
In the form of that 'arse' Rhyddi-cal

What can I say? It's the only place near me where I can get both 'nduja and Merchant Gourmet quinoa.
Aren't the Merchant Gourmets the ones who built that statue in Bristol? I had no idea they did quinoa as well.

Anyway, hopefully the thread taking this unexpected turn means that LDN Bookfair, SE22 and any other new posters will be more likely to stick around, now that they can see this place isn't just about throwing bile at each other, but also exchanging quinoa and hummus sourcing tips. Would be keen to hear their opinions on whether any other brand can live up to the standards of the Duchy Organics.

No they’re not: I have not forgotten their covering up for Searchlight/Tony white/Leeds AFA at an anarchist book fair…

My understanding is that only one of the Chumbawamba crew is not a Labourite and has stayed true to their anarchist principles.

And apparently this has been the case for a while. But I am by no means any kind of know-all about the band.

Aren't the Merchant Gourmets the ones who built that statue in Bristol? I had no idea they did quinoa as well.

Anyway, hopefully the thread taking this unexpected turn means that LDN Bookfair, SE22 and any other new posters will be more likely to stick around, now that they can see this place isn't just about throwing bile at each other, but also exchanging quinoa and hummus sourcing tips. Would be keen to hear their opinions on whether any other brand can live up to the standards of the Duchy Organics.
Yeh but we'll be able to tell much by which way they pass the duchy organics round the table

Back
Top Bottom