Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Elections 2023

The Tories are getting royally trounced in the Royal Borough!

The Cllr. Leader, who I neglected to shout "Tory Wanker" at yesterday as I was walking home with a group of kids, has lost his seat as has the Tory whip who was also one of my councillors. Oh and the would be Councillor who liked to quote Yoda got nowhere

I'm now waiting for the result for an odious scum who occasionally turns up on GB News, had to defend himself against being homophobic and complained about "anti Tory spew". I so, so hope he's lost

Exeter remains solidly Labour with 25 of the 39 seats on the council (five Greens, five Tories, two LDs and two Inds) and I don't see any upset in the grand scheme of things. They even managed to gain a councillor in lah-dee-dah Topsham recently, so may even increase their majority.

Only shift that could be of interest is if the Greens build on their recent gains over Labour or have already plateaued. There's a lot of dissatisfaction about student housing, which the Greens capitalised on.

My part of town has been Labour forever, but there is a Lib Dem who, to be fair, is certainly putting in the effort on the ground, presumably with an eye on the fact that one of the three Labour councillors for the ward doesn't seem to do much. Not sure if it will be enough to get him on the council, though.

My sort-of-predictions not far off. Greens gained another councillor from an independent who didn't stand again and that Lib Dem twat did indeed get elected in my bit of town thanks to Mrs [62] who got to the polling booth, saw that she knew the Green candidate (who hadn't even stuck a leaflet through our door) and changed her vote, then regretted it because she might let the Lib Dem twat in. Plus the 120 other people who voted for him. Otherwise Labour still very much in control, Tories down to four.

Labour gained another seat in lah-dee-dah Topsham, but I now realise that's not the surprise it once would have been, as the district includes the new build estates of normal people at Newcourt.

We expect so much better from a woman of your calibre, Quoggy :(

ETA To make up for it, could you head down to the count and just stand there chanting it?
About to post the same thing, Your Maj is always one of those we have counted on to maintain standards

Still awaiting results in True Blue Yokel Land, overnight counting is for the plebs

No results from Sheffield yet. Well, not from the actual election. Labour nationally have decided that the Labour leader has to go and will be replaced by someone chosen by the NEC! Terry Fox (current leader) is seen as to blame for Labour failing to make gains (they could have waited for the actual result, or done it much bloody earlier) because of his refusal to resign or blame anyone for the trees fiasco (that he was in charge of for two years) and keeping on reappointing his mates. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Labour must be gutted in Hartlepool, just 3 votes short of taking the Hart seat, which would have given them overall control.

No results from Sheffield yet. Well, not from the actual election. Labour nationally have decided that the Labour leader has to go and will be replaced by someone chosen by the NEC! Terry Fox (current leader) is seen as to blame for Labour failing to make gains (they could have waited for the actual result, or done it much bloody earlier) because of his refusal to resign or blame anyone for the trees fiasco (that he was in charge of for two years) and keeping on reappointing his mates. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

I thought everyone was saying Labour would have a good result in Sheffield, taking seats from the Greens and Libs

Mercer having a bad day in Plymouth. I notice he's one of the vermin who has neglected to state or removed the fact that he is a vermin MP in his Twitter bio:

In Plymouth, Labour won because of a small number of trees being lopped in the city centre, which to my mind was the least of our problems. (Wrong trees, wrong place, right time for them to go.) Some stupid judge put an injunction on it and now the place looks like the wreck of the fucking Hesperus and will for possibly years at this rate.

Obviously it's always funny to see Tory losses but I wish they'd lost because people suddenly became aware of the massive cost of living crisis which has decimated areas of the city and created untold social problems. But no, apparently some trees were the thing that tipped it. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom