Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Elections 2023

Just been to vote.

The worker on the desk who was checking ID made a big deal of it. Looking backwards and forwards between the pic on my driving licence and me. Must have taken nearly a minute before my ID was approved. Not sure whether it was just theatrics ("look, we really do check the ID!") or whether they really were dubious it was me.

What a palaver. Someone, somewhere is going to get denied the right to vote cos someone didn't like their photo.
When i voted they just looked at my driving licence for about a second. No big deal at all. Down to individual staff though i guess.

When i voted they just looked at my driving licence for about a second. No big deal at all. Down to individual staff though i guess.
Mine was checked twice - first at a side table immediately inside the entrance by two staff, then at the table where you collect the ballot paper. Didn't take long - no more than a few seconds given it was a passport.

Local government in the English shires so I predict ebullient Liberals bashing blue brick walls, followed by amusingly inevitable disappointment at the next General Election

View attachment 373318
I predict Labour and LibDems will do relatively well, Tories will do badly. All three of them will wheel out spokesmen who talk utter shite about what the results might actually mean

When we went to vote, I have to say it was the busiest I've ever seen it. People literally queuing to vote.

I wonder if that's a sign Something Is Finally Going To Change.

Hmmm....

Nah, probably not.

I nearly didn’t bother at all but was passing so went in. I hadn’t realised there was a TUSC candidate, but I’d never heard of him and TUSC is just old farts who don’t know what else to do. So ‘fuck them all’ won out

I asked if they’d had a lot of people without id and was told ‘less than I expected’. I bet my tongue and did not correct her.

Mine was checked twice - first at a side table immediately inside the entrance by two staff, then at the table where you collect the ballot paper. Didn't take long - no more than a few seconds given it was a passport.
Only checked my id once inside. There was a "greeter" outside but i just said "i know" and walked past him.

Them at the first table are nothing to do with the election they are usually workers for one of the candidates so they can go and knock up voters who haven't voted yet. So you've just given away personal information to a nobody. :eek:

Didn't bother voting, haven't got photo id anyway and couldn't be bothered applying for a pauper pass.

Back
Top Bottom