Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

ye but nobody forced them to make it a 3 line whip 'confidence in Truss' vote, with people bundling eachother swearing & crying into the lobbies that was entirely their own choice wasn't it.

The plan was to run attack ads against anyone who voted for it. It’s safe to say it worked out a whole lot better than that :D

Question: what authority do either the Climaye Secretary or the Transport Secretary have to determine whether a vote is or isn't a confidence vote?

At this point it feels like it's just the blue dress all over again.

I think the overnight text from downing street suggests the rebels will be dealt as they would be for breaking a three line whip, not a confidence vote.

Christ, good work, Peter Macdiarmid/LNP, for this photo

1666251883034.png

Seriously, what kind of deranged narcissist would you have to be to feel like this face says she feels, and still be trying to hang on to the job making you feel like that?

Was thinking earlier, regardless of however short her time as PM turns out to be, she'll still benefit from most* of the post-PM perks. She'll get invited to Charlie's funeral, she'll get offers on the speaker circuit, I'm sure there's other crap.

Really takes the shine off :(

*fair to say that there will be  some impact on what offers she gets from how she's done in the post...
I think she's blown any chance of a post-PM career as a Thatcher impersonator though

I think she's blown any chance of a post-PM career as a Thatcher impersonator though

In the last few photos I've seen, including the one I've just posted, she's starting to look like she's wearing her own face as a dead skin mask.

At this point, if it turns out she's actually Zombie Thatcher doing a stint as a Liz Truss impersonator, it'll only be partially surprising.

Was thinking earlier, regardless of however short her time as PM turns out to be, she'll still benefit from most* of the post-PM perks. She'll get invited to Charlie's funeral, she'll get offers on the speaker circuit, I'm sure there's other crap.

Really takes the shine off :(

*fair to say that there will be  some impact on what offers she gets from how she's done in the post...

I mean... Yes. But on whoever's agency she signs up for, her pricing is going to end up amusingly low. Imagine there'll be Milibands above her. Fucking Hunt and Mordaunt have it made though - all the 3 letter institutions will welcome them with open arms, and the anecdotes they must have accrued over a few short days will be told in sweaty ballrooms and conference halls across the nation for years to come :(

I wonder if the Tory party will split? I can’t help but feel that for it’s own survival it needs too.

The tories don’t have a Mitch McConnell type that will try to sabotage the crazy wing of the party for the good of the party. Without that type of person I can only see a split.

Back
Top Bottom