Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Why is urban75 collectively watching PMQ's???? This is weirder than anything Truss has done.

View attachment 347843

I stopped watching until recently and if they were not doing such damage it has been fun watching this shiftiest lot ever kill their party for a decade or more hopefully
I dont think we have seen how weird and shit she is or this lot really are yet

comedy drama award 2023.jpg

I just dreamt that we were having a coup d'etat and that Truss was very drunk and smashing her way through glass doors. I had to check on line that it wasn't true

Sweet dreams are made of this!

I'm not convinced that the "King" won't be in air when I wake up flanked by men in uniform, George Osborne and Tony Blair.

Last edited:
A quick browse of Twitter this morning suggests that MP's that didn't vote with the government last night will be subject to proportionate disciplinary action, unless they've got a reasonable excuse. MP's that abstained are said to include the current PM, and the two previous PM's.

Could be interesting. I'm assuming Liz Truss' 'reasonable excuse' will be she was trying to stop the Chief Whip resigning at the time. :D

Unfortunately I've got a busy day at work ahead of me today or it'd be news and 🍿 all the way.

A quick browse of Twitter this morning suggests that MP's that didn't vote with the government last night will be subject to proportionate disciplinary action, unless they've got a reasonable excuse. MP's that abstained are said to include the current PM, and the two previous PM's.

Could be interesting. I'm assuming Liz Truss' 'reasonable excuse' will be she was trying to stop the Chief Whip resigning at the time. :D

Unfortunately I've got a busy day at work ahead of me today or it'd be news and 🍿 all the way.
She voted 'no'...

Ah, disappointing. I was hoping for an epic wriggle from them over that.

I will still have one eye on the news today though. I made a bet with a mate at work at how long she might last earlier this week. He said end of the month, I said Xmas. I think he's winning a fiver tbh. :D

I gave her nine months when she first got in. Pretty sure I've lost that one, wasn't even nine weeks.

It was a cunning plan from labour. They bought it forward and forced the conservatives to vote on it. Basically igniting the fuse and walking away :)
ye but nobody forced them to make it a 3 line whip 'confidence in Truss' vote, with people bundling eachother swearing & crying into the lobbies that was entirely their own choice wasn't it.

Truss probably thinks that insisting its a confidence vote - and threatening the rebel mps - is her being a strong, ruthless leader in the maggie mold and it will bring the party to heel. Shes in the cabinet room shouting demented instructions to her press secretary. Its like Downfall meets an episode of the young ones. Presumably the next stage is poisoning Larry the Cat and shooting herself in the head - but the bullet misses her brain and takes out Teresa Coffey instead.

Former PM’s can claim 100k or so for non specific shite.it’s creating a whole new class of well paid parasites
Was thinking earlier, regardless of however short her time as PM turns out to be, she'll still benefit from most* of the post-PM perks. She'll get invited to Charlie's funeral, she'll get offers on the speaker circuit, I'm sure there's other crap.

Really takes the shine off :(

*fair to say that there will be  some impact on what offers she gets from how she's done in the post...

Back
Top Bottom