Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Same, I can't remember last time, probably during Brexit. It has left me a bit shaken tbh. I mean I know they all a bunch of twats but ffs they are all just...well I dont have the words
Heartily concur old bean - politics in this country is at least giving the rest of the world a jolly good chortle, fucks sake, I've never been particularly proud to be British but I've become quite thoroughly ashamed.

You can see that they're (almost) all just out to make as much money for themselves as possible, enjoy what power they have as much as possible, enjoy all the official and unofficial perks, fair makes me nauseous.
As you were !

There is a truly brilliant episode of the Muppets where Dr Honeydew invents flammable water and then accidentally starts a fire in the lab. Beaker is running around screaming trying to extinguish the fire only for things to get much worse.
Pretty much sums up the governing of this country at the moment.
Bit like the Man vs Bee Netflix series with Rowan Atkinson.

Breaking news story on the BBC about Truss's Special Adviser being suspended and under investigation by the Propriety and Ethics team.

Breaking news story on the BBC about Truss's Special Adviser being suspended and under investigation by the Propriety and Ethics team.
Its probably in regards the Javid is shit thing:

There had been anger among some Conservative MPs about briefings from Number 10 sources over the weekend.

The Sunday Times reported that a Number 10 source had told them Sajid Javid had not been considered for the chancellor role following Kwasi Kwarteng's sacking because he is "s**t".

having seen an image of him for the first time, it could also be down to him smuggling dinosaur embryos out of the park
For Prince Andrew to have sex with?

To quote an old fucking daily mail article:

The guru hired by Prince Andrew to spearhead a PR 'fightback' following the Jeffrey Epstein scandal 'quit' just weeks into the job, ahead of the Duke's bombshell BBC interview, it was revealed last night.

Jason Stein started as Communications Secretary to the Duke in September.

Stein was Amber Rudd's former Special Adviser and developed a reputation at Westminster as a 'master of the dark arts'.

What happened Sajid "Shit" Javid's question? He was down to get 2nd Q, no mention of it on the Grauniad commentary.

Westminster must be the easiest place in the country to earn a reputation for Machiavellian antics. Imagine the power that Amber Rudd's chief enforcer must have wielded.
Fuckety fuck at work so couldn't tune in but I really thought even Shammer would have been able to land some heavy blows on Librium Liz

Its probably in regards the Javid is shit thing:

Another shocking discovery.

JIwRhit.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LDC
Westminster must be the easiest place in the country to earn a reputation for Machiavellian antics. Imagine the power that Amber Rudd's chief enforcer must have wielded.
I can't even remember who Amber Rudd was tbh. (Minister for something or other but 🤷‍♀️.)

Fuckety fuck at work so couldn't tune in but I really thought even Shammer would have been able to land some heavy blows on Librium Liz
From the bits I heard, passive_voice-tastic - I'm sure there will be some harvestable quotes from that load of codswallop.

Never mind. Catch up on the commentary and then watch it later on YouTube at increased speed, skip through the nonsense and slow it down to see the bits that you want to form your own opinion on. Saves a lot of time to do the news this way, I find.

ETA
I also consume a lot of R4 news on catch up as soon as it’s available that way. It doesn’t put me more than about 40 minutes behind any news, which is fairly meaningless unless it’s a breaking story. I can skip the sports and weather, go back and check details for city news (cos I’m a dunce about most of that and need to listen twice sometimes) etc.

I've said previously how I can't help but feel an instinctive sympathy when individuals are publicly condemned and ostracised for corruption by peers who are absolutely guilty of the same thing, and just haven't been caught. I don't disagree with the criticism, I can just understand how galling it must be to be subject to a violent torrent of such pompous, disingenuous hypocrisy.

Turns out I feel similar when a Tory MP is accused of being incompetent.

His first question got a proper laugh from me.

And she got skewered on the pension inflation question which will come back to bite her. Such fun :)

Anyway, PMQs is just a side show, she's as fucked now as she was 24 hours ago.
As I've said before, I still think they'll stick with her but only because there is no 'unity' candidate.

The problem is Labour still look shite, Starmer always seems a bit (a lot) meek, and I can't think of any policy ideas they've got other than "you know the Tories? Whatever they're doing, we're not."

I officially don't understand anything that is going on now.

PMQs as tedious as ever. Some run-of-the-mill sleaze inquiry into a SPAD as breaking news that we're somehow supposed to care about. It's like business as usual all of a sudden. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom