Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

I haven't followed all the details, but having listened to that fracking co. bloke on LBC this fracking thing isn't actually a viable option, but simply a way to pump billions to Party Donors for the "evaluation phase" while also aiming to placate the anti-green swivel-eyed?

Last edited:
crikey she's doing much better than i thought she would.
Yes, she has come out on the attack and Starmer doesnt know how to fight back, I can't bare to watch.....
eta:
I watched a bit of the Davis Davis crap earlier and I swear that after listening to the reply to one of her questions a lib dem MP actualy said 'what a twat' (lip reading, not heard), something I can thouroughly agree with

She then went on to continue to criticise Starmer for not dealing with "militant unions".
Funnily enough, I'm highly critical of Starmer for not dealing with unions too, but fairly confident it's not in the same way Truss means.

Reactions: Sue
Small brain but balls of steel, to stand there in the howls for her to resign repeatedly shouting 'we have delivered on the energy price cap' with a straight face.

There's a lot of Truss telling Starmer that he's not doing anything. He's not the fucking government, you nitwit!
Also rather dangerous line to open up, given that the UK would arguably be in a better position had the Truss' government done nothing, and her Chancellor has tried as hard as possible to make it as if they had.

First PMQs I’ve watched in years. It’s really dull, isn’t it? Even for a politics nerd like me. There’s nothing of substance whatsoever, just tedious soundbites interspersed with pointless comments about things like Leigh Rugby Club.
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I rarely actually watch stuff like this, Question Time, etc. You rarely get to actually hear anything worth listening to, even including stuff you disagree with!

No point feeling you should pay attention to something in order to be informed, when there's fuck all chance of it ever actually informing you of anything!

Am I wrong that she's still throwing hundreds of millions of pounds at energy companies for no return?

No I never watch question time or similar, they just make me angry. Only one I ever heard (radio 4 version) was when they had four academics with no political point scoring it was actually interesting.

i'm disappointed, that was shit. No schadenfreude at all.
If the job of PM is basically to evade responsibility for anything at all and just do some repetitive soundbites then she's fine they'll leave her there.

Also, sure this point has been made already, but he lost in a contest to Liz Truss among Tory members. That's a different contest, judged on different metrics, to a general election among the general public.
Well yes, but for Sunak to be in the running for PM at a general election he would need to be the leader of a party or of a coalition in the House willing to put him forward as prospective PM.

I don’t understand what it is about this that people aren’t getting.

First PMQs I’ve watched in years. It’s really dull, isn’t it? Even for a politics nerd like me. There’s nothing of substance whatsoever, just tedious soundbites interspersed with pointless comments about things like Leigh Rugby Club.
Same, I can't remember last time, probably during Brexit. It has left me a bit shaken tbh. I mean I know they all a bunch of twats but ffs they are all just...well I dont have the words

Well yes, but for Sunak to be in the running for PM at a general election he would need to be the leader of a party or of a coalition in the House willing to put him forward as prospective PM.

I don’t understand what it is about this that people aren’t getting.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about his chances in the next GE assuming he took over as PM before then.

So are you suggesting the Tory MPs (or members) wouldn't install him as PM, and it would have to be someone who wasn't involved in the last leadership election (since, as someone else pointed out, all of those candidates lost to Truss)?

Sorry, I thought we were talking about his chances in the next GE assuming he took over as PM before then.

So are you suggesting the Tory MPs (or members) wouldn't install him as PM, and it would have to be someone who wasn't involved in the last leadership election (since, as someone else pointed out, all of those candidates lost to Truss)?
The Tories (or someone else) would need to install Sunak as their leader and (therefore) candidate for PM. They will not.

It’s as simple as that.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I rarely actually watch stuff like this, Question Time, etc. You rarely get to actually hear anything worth listening to, even including stuff you disagree with!

No point feeling you should pay attention to something in order to be informed, when there's fuck all chance of it ever actually informing you of anything!
Correct. PMQs are a pointless set piece.

Back
Top Bottom