Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

LGBT in schools vs religious parents

I think so. The media use the term “Russian bots” a bit too freely, I think. I believe it is possible to set a programme to retweet certain hashtags and so on in volumes to inflate the coverage of stories. But the other term I’ve seen is Russian “troll farms”, in other words what you describe - shills paid to actually post original material. However I know next to nothing about this.

What on earth would the Russians have to gain from trying to sow dissent on Urban seeing as we are quite capable of doing it ourselves and, anyway, it's hardly a bastion of loyal and influential British opinion formers?

Surely, they should be focusing on Mumsnet.

Last edited:
I don’t ask why; I just cash the cheques.
You won't get promotion unless you show initiative.

When the Daily Mail exposes you, you'll just be seen as an old sweetie, a Caledonian Melita Norwood, not as a daring latter day George Blake. Which would you prefer to be?

melita_1449056c.jpg

blake_1759784c.jpg

Governments start pushing cadets when they generally run out of ideas. Cadets have been around for a century they aren't mini conscripts or terribly cost effective as a Recuitment tool either. There an old school youth group with a military theme that survive because they get funding from the MoD budget and government doesn't really understand what cadets actually do.

At my school they had an armour plated room full of guns and a mini-aircraft hanger with a had a glider storedin it; the scouts had a rickety old hut where they were sent to polish their woggles.

You won't get promotion unless you show initiative.

When the Daily Mail exposes you, you'll just be seen as an old sweetie, a Caledonian Melita Norwood, not as a daring latter day George Blake. Which would you prefer to be?

melita_1449056c.jpg

blake_1759784c.jpg

Are they British or Soviet medals he is wearing?

At my school they had an armour plated room full of guns and a mini-aircraft hanger with a had a glider storedin it; the scouts had a rickety old hut where they were sent to polish their woggles.

we had the same although .303 sand a Bren gun probably cost more to dispose of in the 80s we were still shooting ww2 dated ammo:D
they finally got a semiautomatic sa802 as the single shot version was a dangerous piece of junk the contraction they added to make it a single shot was difficult to cock hence kids waving the rifle round on the range and you couldn't fit a blank firing attachment making it more dangerous to fire blanks out of :facepalm:

Reactions: tim
Why do people even have kids and then kick off when schools start doing the whole sex ed thing. Everyone knows the drill, schools are going to cover this stuff and it's going to be inclusive so just suck it up, or home school them, or better still just don't have kids.

Why do people even have kids and then kick off when schools start doing the whole sex ed thing. Everyone knows the drill, schools are going to cover this stuff and it's going to be inclusive so just suck it up, or home school them, or better still just don't have kids.
indeed. or presumably if you send them to a god squad school they will get much less of this sort of thing? I wouldn't know. I assume most of these people are just piping up to try and stoke up a culture war about it.

There've been long term posters on these boards who disagree with aspects of trans ideology. Of course there's going to be resistance elsewhere.

To say that people who rail against their kids being taught about it in schools shouldn't have kids, is utterly insane.

Last edited:
There've been long term posters on these boards who disagree with aspects of trans ideology. Of course there's going to be resistance elsewhere.

To say that people who rail against their kids being taught about it in schools shouldn't have kids, is utterly insane.

It’s just a suggestion. If people can’t handle their kids being exposed to pretty well established curriculum shit, then either don’t put them into these schools or don’t have kids. I don’t have kids. That’s my choice. You don’t get to have it both ways.

'Trans ideology'

Not being a cunt to trans folk is no more an ideology than being a cunt to trans folk is an opinion.

And if you're not willing to raise your kids to be civil to others, then no you shouldn't fucking have any.

And you aren’t a Christian.

'Trans ideology'

Not being a cunt to trans folk is no more an ideology than being a cunt to trans people is an opinion.

And if you're not willing to raise your kids to be civil to others, then no you shouldn't fucking have any.

Her words:

"From the beginning, despite the many attempts by the school to suggest otherwise, this has always been about my Christian beliefs and me being discriminated against for expressing them in my own time," she said.
"I was, and still am, appalled by the sexual ideology that was being introduced to my son's Church of England primary school.
"What has happened since in schools with extreme RSE (relationships and sex education) and transgender ideology shows that I was right to be concerned as a parent."

That's not being a cunt and it certainly doesn't suggest she'd raise her kids with a lack of "civility" to anyone.

"Shouldn't have kids" because of that?

My fucking god.

And you aren’t a Christian.

People can be as christian as they like for all I care, so long as they don't expect me or anyone else to be bound by their chosen strain of woo bullshit in any way.

Not that Jesus had much, or anything at all to say about trans people. He did say don't be a cunt though, but these weirdos always seem to skip that part.

Her words:

That's not being a cunt and it certainly doesn't suggest she'd raise her kids with a lack of "civility" to anyone.

"Shouldn't have kids" because of that?

My fucking god.
its none of her fucking business - people do have the right to change their gender, especially if they aren't christian, and not be persecuted for it, though tbh I have no idea what part of christianity is opposed to trans people existing. Why isn't she opposed to rich people existing, because there's a lot in the Bible about wealthy people not getting into heaven, and if she can use her religion to remove my rights then why can't i use mine to remove hers?

People can be as christian as they like for all I care, so long as they don't expect me or anyone else to be bound by their chosen strain of woo bullshit in any way.

Not that Jesus had much, or anything at all to say about trans people. He did say don't be a cunt though, but these weirdos always seem to skip that part.
Lots of trans people are christian and lots of christians are trans supportive so christians need to work out what their fucking stance is, with evidence, before they use it to remove my rights!

Back
Top Bottom