Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

GSG Waitrose was always the least chi-chi John Lewis supermarket in the land, and it looked like it came out of a JG Ballard suburban dystopia

the one between bromley and grove park was fairly indifferent. the staff there worked on the basis that most of the customers were plebs, as it was between a bromley council estate and downham and there were only a few customers they would make an effort to be polite to. me and mum-tat rarely qualified.

they closed it a while after the one at bromley south opened, and it's a lidl now.

Last edited:
As his popularity and influence keeps on shrinking, he's going to have to keep coming up with more and more outrageous posts to garner the online attention he so desperately seeks.

And with luck, that will soon drive him straight into the arms of the law.

I'd guess the law at this stage don't want anything more to do with someone so pathetically and desperately in need of attention.

That they view him now as the equivalent of a turd that just won't flush and have decided that the best thing to do is just close the lid, put a concrete block on top and leave him to swish about with the other turds until they're eventually all sucked away.

All this is all because his acting career never took off in the way he felt it should have. That's the mortifying truth behind his decline. Not one he'd ever acknowledge but nevertheless the truth.

Yep. Went to the wrong one for a football match once.

There's also two Otfords around here. The South East is pretty slack with their names isn't it.

Australia on other hand is brilliant. Everything is named literally.
Didn’t know there was two Otfords

well I was just trying to be polite,

and then...
what I really meant was you are posting really childish stuff now and thinking its clever, its not you come across as an obsessed loon and though you have great support here because of your chosen target it doesnt mean the crap you post is any good.

You're not "trying to be polite". You're trying to be unpleasant, but without the moral courage to actually say so - at least until pressed.

If you don't like LeytonCatLady's posts, you can either ignore them, or put her on ignore. There's no call for this kind of unpleasantness in response to her totally innocuous posts (hmm, unless...? :hmm:)

And if you're not convinced by me, go back and look at her posts, and take a look at the reactions to them. I think you'll find you're wide of the Urban mark.

477 still goes from orpington to bluewater although not as often as it used to, and it doesn't look like this any more

(it was one of the last 'london country' routes to have routemasters and conductors) - and it was chelsfield to dartford / joyce green hospital then.

but it never went through either green street green...

We used to sometimes get those on London Country routes in SW London - they were very exotic, even though their red counterparts (sans doors) were routine on other routes.

It got very intriguing when LC hired in a bunch of yellow buses from Bournemouth. Huge things, completely dominated the Tolworth residental estate roads the 418 took them down.

It got very intriguing when LC hired in a bunch of yellow buses from Bournemouth. Huge things, completely dominated the Tolworth residental estate roads the 418 took them down.

LC was a state in the mid 70s. they also hired in blue + cream maidstone buses at dartford, and cream and blue eastbourne buses at swanley (which would have done the 477) but i don't remember seeing either - think that was about 1975.

Yep. Went to the wrong one for a football match once.

There's also two Otfords around here. The South East is pretty slack with their names isn't it.

Australia on other hand is brilliant. Everything is named literally.

I once had a very confusing conversation with someone about Shoreham. I didn't know there was a Shoreham in Kent, and they didn't know there was a Shoreham in West Sussex.

Tarbert in Scotland causes issues. I know a Hebridean tour leader there who has had clients turn up on the wrong island because of it. :D

There's at least 4 Udaipur's I know of in India, though they do have the good grace to be hundreds of miles apart.

A couple of years ago while on holiday in Spain I went to cartagena. I had with me my 1914 baedeker for the country, which while in many ways dated provides a better potted history of many towns than more recent guidebooks, and tips which can still be useful. So when it told me Drake had sacked the town I believed it: but the author or compiler had confused it with the cartagena in Colombia.

Back
Top Bottom