Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

That's nothing to the two streets in Haringey running parallel to each other - Crouch Hill and Crouch End Hill. Apparently Bob Dylan was supposed to go and visit Dave Stewart when he had a studio there, but got the wrong street and ended up having a cup of tea with one of his fans.
I can't remember if Haringey is in Harringay or vice versa.

I had a snooze on the overnight Greyhound from Harrisburg to New York, woke up and found I was at Bristol Coach Station, which was my penultimate destination on the journey, only not the one I was looking at in Pennsylvania, I still needed to go via Heathrow or Gatwick to get to the real one.

Crockenhill and Crockham Hill are both in West Kent, about 15 miles apart; what could possibly go wrong?
Crockenhill is the one with the wonderfully antiquated football ground.

1729000655045.png

1729000670193.png

Crockenhill is the one with the wonderfully antiquated football ground.

View attachment 447073

View attachment 447074

And, although he kind of denied it, turns out that there is some truth in the old tale about the Gills buying Tony Cascarino from Crockenhill for a set of tracksuits!

Is it true that Crockenhill FC flogged you to Gillingham for a set of tracksuit tops and some corrugated iron?
Um, no. When I went to Gillingham, Crockenhill didn't want money for me, so Gillingham - as a gesture - offered some training equipment, tracksuits, stuff like that. It's one of those stories, it's just been exaggerated over time, going from ten tracksuits to a few cones, and all the rest. It's like the two loaves and five fishes in the Bible. That's what I call it: the two loaves and five fishes.
:D

There was a famous incident in one of our trophy matches where the opposition drove to Forest Green in Surrey or the like rather than our small hamlet in Gloucestershire.
My mate bought me n her tickets to go and see DJ Shadow in Halifax. She didnt mind me telling her Halifax isn't actually that close to Sheffield. She did mind me telling her that the Halifax she had bought tickets for was in Nova Scotia.

The Orpington-adjacent one had two great newsagents
Three! Three great newsagents!

How could I forget Derek's on the corner?! A fine source of Marvel comics.

PL Short & Son on the parade still had firm order contracts well into the 90s so was a reliable repository for out-of-date mags and comics sold at half-price or better.

The Post Office on the Crescent had shelves rammed with stuff - Strip, Overkill, DC Action, Fantazia, Skeleton Crew, Manga Mania, Cult TV, Shockwave, Starburst...

Last edited:
GSG Waitrose was always the least chi-chi John Lewis supermarket in the land, and it looked like it came out of a JG Ballard suburban dystopia
Friend of my brothers was sacked from there for stealing meat.

He joined the army, and now lives in Hereford :hmm: Apparently he won some sort of medal for what he did in Afghanistan.

Who knew that Urbz had such a wealth of Orpington chitter-chatter?

I haven't even got round to mentioning my MiL's campaigning for Eric (latterly, The Lord) Lubbock in the 1962 Orpington by-election which is widely regarded as the prototype Lib (LD) by-election success with a 22% swing against the incumbent vermin.

Feel free to take a break from this thread if you don't approve.
well I was just trying to be polite, what I really meant was you are posting really childish stuff now and thinking its clever, its not you come across as an obsessed loon and though you have great support here because of your chosen target it doesnt mean the crap you post is any good.

The 473 or was it 477 went Orpington to Bluewater, so was close to one and may have gone near to another

477 still goes from orpington to bluewater although not as often as it used to, and it doesn't look like this any more

(it was one of the last 'london country' routes to have routemasters and conductors) - and it was chelsfield to dartford / joyce green hospital then.

but it never went through either green street green...

Back
Top Bottom