Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

Never understood the animosity towards the US using names from the Old World.

Give you a map and ask you to come up with 20,000 names for places on that map, off you pop…
names like naragansett, cross plains, orinoco, Canada, Darien, nevada or quebec leap to mind. Not to mention nome. Dk why you're limiting yourself to the US, there's a London in ontario (another non-euro name) with a Thames flowing through it. And a grimsby near niagara (and another new world name).

Pressburg, after it was ethnically cleansed in the aftermath of WW 1, was nearly renamed Wisonova in honour of tl racist and US President Woodrow Wilson. In the end they settled for Bratislava.

I learnt that yesterday.

A friend of mine moved from Rainham / Essex to Rainham / Kent. True story.

a few years ago, ashford town (kent) and ashford town (middlesex / surrey*) nearly ended up in the same division of non-league football, but one of them just missed out on the promotion that would have made it happen.

* - on the trains, some bits of info refer to middlesex, some to surrey...

Pressburg, after it was ethnically cleansed in the aftermath of WW 1, was nearly renamed Wisonova in honour of tl racist and US President Woodrow Wilson. In the end they settled for Bratislava.

I learnt that yesterday.
Wilson was very positive about 'birth of a nation', I learned that a long time ago

Reactions: tim
a few years ago, ashford town (kent) and ashford town (middlesex / surrey*) nearly ended up in the same division of non-league football, but one of them just missed out on the promotion that would have made it happen.

Maybe they should have combined the two teams and played as Ashfords United

There are two pubs called Fox and Hounds near me, and some years ago the landladies swapped over :eek: hard to believe but another true story I'm reliably informed.

I also know someone who was born in Harlesden NW London and is likely to spend their last days in Harleston Norfolk.

Adding to this - their son's next door neighbour moved to Harleston and ended up next door to them (the mother fro Harlesden in Harleston). By pure chance.

I also know someone who was born in Harlesden NW London and is likely to spend their last days in Harleston Norfolk.

Adding to this - their son's next door neighbour moved to Harleston and ended up next door to them (the mother fro Harlesden in Harleston). By pure chance.

Two weeks ago I booked a flight for a chap to fly from NWI to ORF, he was more excited about this than a grown man should have been, I fear.

There are two Farnboroughs: one in Kent and one in Hampshire.

And, two places in the UK called Worthing, West Sussex and Norfolk.

There's another two in the US, and one each in Barbados and South Africa.

My google news feed for local news often confuses me by including reports from Barbados.

Crockenhill and Crockham Hill are both in West Kent, about 15 miles apart; what could possibly go wrong?
That's nothing to the two streets in Haringey running parallel to each other - Crouch Hill and Crouch End Hill. Apparently Bob Dylan was supposed to go and visit Dave Stewart when he had a studio there, but got the wrong street and ended up having a cup of tea with one of his fans.

Back
Top Bottom