Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Laurence Fox. The twat.

It's because it travels through places that traditionally had a lot of textiles factories.

It also has a station next to a park called Weaver's Fields, so it's geographical. Probably the only one nobody's going to complain about. I don't really like the names, TBH, but it fun watching the right-wing snowflakes both melt down and blow up - they're basically froth now..

It also has a station next to a park called Weaver's Fields, so it's geographical. Probably the only one nobody's going to complain about. I don't really like the names, TBH, but it fun watching the right-wing snowflakes both melt down and blow up - they're basically froth now..
The reason the park is called weavers fields seems to have eluded you.

No you’re not. It’s all self-aggrandising guff. You enjoy being objectionable and imagining that by doing so you are putting people in their place. You share this unappealing and tiresome characteristic with the subject of this thread, funnily enough
You don't know what I enjoy. But you like thinking you know.

141.jpg

Supercilious prick. I’m sure Sam is aware.

I don't read his posts - clicked on this one for once. And yes, of course I'm aware. I'm even a qualified tour guide - not Blue Badge - that's far too expensive. Tower Hamlets has its own scheme, so I'm literally an accredited tour guide for Tower Hamlets, including many details about Weaver's Fields apart from the blindingly obvious. I haven't done any paid tour-guiding for many years for obvious reasons, but I haven't forgotten any of it because I have friends that are happy to let me tell them all the same stuff for free - or at least don't actually put their hands over my mouth when I excitedly tell them why it's called Weaver's Fields, why it was known as an area for weavers, how that has affected who moved into and out of the area, and how it still has echoes to this day.

It's a tiny microcosm of social history going back far further than the park itself, which post-dates the station by many decades, but the decision to have a park there was partly because of the station.

BUT it still helps that the new Weaver Line has a park opposite one of the stops that shares that name, so it makes it more obvious to people without local history knowledge.

I don't read his posts - clicked on this one for once. And yes, of course I'm aware. I'm even a qualified tour guide - not Blue Badge - that's far too expensive. Tower Hamlets has its own scheme, so I'm literally an accredited tour guide for Tower Hamlets, including many details about Weaver's Fields apart from the blindingly obvious. I haven't done any paid tour-guiding for many years for obvious reasons, but I haven't forgotten any of it because I have friends that are happy to let me tell them all the same stuff for free - or at least don't actually put their hands over my mouth when I excitedly tell them why it's called Weaver's Fields, why it was known as an area for weavers, how that has affected who moved into and out of the area, and how it still has echoes to this day.

It's a tiny microcosm of social history going back far further than the park itself, which post-dates the station by many decades, but the decision to have a park there was partly because of the station.

BUT it still helps that the new Weaver Line has a park opposite one of the stops that shares that name, so it makes it more obvious to people without local history knowledge.

Well, that leaves pickers with egg on his face.

I love local London facts! Feel free to share them.

I'd never heard of Weavers Fields, so thanks for that.

It's only going to alienate sad hateful-filled fuckers like Looza, and everyone else is going to be meh, or supportive.
I think JLP are coming out winners.
Absolutely. The last time Cuntface tried to kickstart on Twitter a boycott of a business (I think a coffee company?), their sales increased sixfold as a direct result, so if anything John Lewis will be delighted.

Back
Top Bottom